joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12Z SPC WRF actually sort of sees this band, hard to tell if its the same feature, but it looks close.

I think the 12z Canadien also had it on the animated loop moving in at 18z.

+1!

I missed Feb 13, grateful for this one.

My goodness...if you live in North Haven CT...that was the place to be back then...best of luck there!

My goodness...if you live in North Haven CT...that was the place to be back then...best of luck here!

It was mixed precip out here on N. LI till almost exactly now (Between 12:30 & noon) and went over to snow...by 4:30 PM or so it was couple inches an hour...by 5:30 PM it was 4 inches an hour...must have had about 16 inches between 4 PM & 10 PM...amazing. 

My goodness...if you live in North Haven CT...that was the place to be back then...best of luck here!

I know tell me about it. I was watching in awe from California and when reports of 40" started coming in over my area my stomach dropped. Said well, we will never see that again in a lifetime. But here we are two years later. Maybe it works out close to the same, who knows. Best of luck to you.

18/ Light snow outside the wx center, WCSU Danbury

Islip should at least be reporting moderate snow at 1 PM per the radar I would imagine...

Eh...they're reporting light snow / visibility 3/4's of a mile...so its close. 

Gotta give OKX credit for their timing...visibilities & ceilings are rapidly falling...winds at the immediate offshore buoys have some gusts over 30 kts...blizzard conditions are close to setting in over Long Island...they're not here yet...but we're getting close. 

Archived