joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"One is northern coastal Massachusetts in Essex county down to Boston/metro west... Isolated amounts of 30-36" cannot be ruled out." :wub:

We'll see, but can't say I don't love reading things like that.

Fudge, kevin beat me to it.

lol yup. My first semester I was extremely homesick for cold and snow. And then I played frisbee on a 70 degree day in the middle of January, and I was okay with it haha.

And taking the Oklahoma perspective on weather everywhere -- check out the SCP from the 15z SREF.

Can't upload for some reason, but just go check it out. Median > 12 in the Gulf of Maine at 15z Tuesday

Missing a Sammie map attm

Matt Noyes' 2 areas of maxima has pretty good model support. #1 Kevin - ORH (deformation band), #2 southeast MA and possibly Boston metro / North shore (coastal front + ocean enhancement). Let's hope the areas of subsidence are not as dramatic as on the RGEM.

Hope the 0z suite starts to hone in, but we all know these dynamic beasts always have some surprises. Anyone remember if the Feb 2013 death band over CT was forecast correctly by any models?

Agree that 2-3 feet NYC is a ballsy call... it's Euro or bust.

SREF and RPM on my side if we can get in one of these bands this winter will be an A+ no matter what lol so happy the worse will be in the day ill be taking pictures for before and after tomorrow  :snowing:

15z SREF mean is

28" @ BOS

22" @ LGA

24" @ BDR

26" @ ISP

19" @ GON

25" @ OXC

28" @ BDL

21" @ IJD

26" @ CEF

18" @ PSF

24" @ ORE

24" @ ORH

26" @ FIT

25" @ SFZ

25" @ PVD

27" @ EWB

27" @ PYM

17" @ HYA

20" @ PVC

27" @ BVY

"One is northern coastal Massachusetts in Essex county down to Boston/metro west... Isolated amounts of 30-36" cannot be ruled out." :wub:

We'll see, but can't say I don't love reading things like that.

This area always seems to do really well in these kind of storms, i believe Peabody and Lynn were both around 27 in Feb of '13. And i'm expected to drive from here to Gloucester for work 4 am Wednesday morning. Yeah okay

Matt Noyes' 2 areas of maxima has pretty good model support. #1 Kevin - ORH (deformation band), #2 southeast MA and possibly Boston metro / North shore (coastal front + ocean enhancement). Let's hope the areas of subsidence are not as dramatic as on the RGEM.

Hope the 0z suite starts to hone in, but we all know these dynamic beasts always have some surprises. Anyone remember if the Feb 2013 death band over CT was forecast correctly by any models?

Agree that 2-3 feet NYC is a ballsy call... it's Euro or bust.

If I dont get in that deform, I'm going to be one of the lowet amounts owed to thatoes band

I've probably experienced more of these big boys than most of you.  A few things come to mind.  In the old days we didn't know from dry slots, subsidence zones, banding etc but it seemed and still seems that in every storm you go through periods of pounding snow, letting up to lighter stuff and then heavy again on and off until it tapers.  And the last burst before the taper is often among the best.  Case in point is Nemo.  Remember the sucker hole over many of us Saturday mid morning onward?  For mby and BOS, it is the difference between 2 feet and 30 inches.  So I am pretty sure we're all going to put up big numbers but the nuances remain to be seen.  I'm happy to be staring down the barrel of a blizzard!

I've probably experienced more of these big boys than most of you.  A few things come to mind.  In the old days we didn't know from dry slots, subsidence zones, banding etc but it seemed and still seems that in every storm you go through periods of pounding snow, letting up to lighter stuff and then heavy again on and off until it tapers.  And the last burst before the taper is often among the best.  Case in point is Nemo.  Remember the sucker hole over many of us Saturday mid morning onward?  For mby and BOS, it is the difference between 2 feet and 30 inches.  So I am pretty sure we're all going to put up big numbers but the nuances remain to be seen.  I'm happy to be staring down the barrel of a blizzard!

It looks really impressive on every single model. The end of the storm, that is. (for the east)

Yup. Southern end of 128 would be a great spot to be. What storm does that remind you of?

If only I was alive :(

The immediate n shore is a very favored spot owed to the concave nature of the coast. See Dec 03 and Jan 2005

True, there are a few areas that are definitely favored. I like SE MA for this one though

This area always seems to do really well in these kind of storms, i believe Peabody and Lynn were both around 27 in Feb of '13. And i'm expected to drive from here to Gloucester for work 4 am Wednesday morning. Yeah okay

I agree in general, not worried about our area at all. Don't think I'd say that I expect we jack, but I definitely feel we reach 2' the way it's looking right now.

Lol, I really, really doubt you'll be able to make that drive. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a travel ban on Tuesday with the way the NWS is using the terms "crippling" and "life threatening."

(Measured 26" at my place in Feb '13 btw.)

I agree in general, not worried about our area at all. Don't think I'd say that I expect we jack, but I definitely feel we reach 2' the way it's looking right now.

Lol, I really, really doubt you'll be able to make that drive. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a travel ban on Tuesday with the way the NWS is using the terms "crippling" and "life threatening."

There is going to be a travel ban 

Archived