• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February mid to long range threats discussion

Ji

The casualty count continues.  Winter 2014-15 has already claimed it's first two victims: Tenman and mitchnick.  Hope we don't run out of straitjackets by March ....

hey, I think I've made it pretty clear over the years that I'm manic and proud of it

if I think we have a shot, I'm in.....but if I don't think there's a shot, I ain't afraid to "mention" that either       lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even taking into account the underperformance with temps all year with the ops, it's pretty unanimous that we're going to have a respectable cold shot.

I really hope we can get something small to track next week. I already know the gfs and or euro aren't going to show anything like what the 12z euro showed in the long range. I'd much prefer to focus on something inside of 7 days.

I don't get the gut feeling we will shake the current Boston centric snow pattern until the trough retros west in the means, so I don't have much hope for anything other than a cartopper, which never excites me in a year when we've done poorly

I don't get the gut feeling we will shake the current Boston centric snow pattern until the trough retros west in the means, so I don't have much hope for anything other than a cartopper, which never excites me in a year when we've done poorly

It depends on how real that modeled cold shot is. With that kind of push it will almost guarantee a track to our south. But like I said earlier. A southern fringe job would serve the end of this winter well.

idk if anyone bothered to listen to Bastardi, but what he said would happen showed up to a tee almost on the 12Z Euro run

I watched the 12 minute video. No hype. Just straight weather and reasoning behind it. He is very good at long range, so if what he says pulls through (and its on the models already), the next few weeks are going to be blast. I'm encouraged. The crew should check it out. It was a freebie today. Anyway, fingers crossed for some good overnight model runs.

Ignore the snowfall maps etc from the 12z EURO for a second. Look at the 500mb map. It is almost a perfect match with what is happening this wee... Problem with the day 10 storm is as the low starts coming out of the SE, the 50/50 feature starts to life N as we have no blocking. This would probably be bad for us, its pointless to talk about an event at this range as the EURO will prob. be totally dif at 00z, but unfortunately I see no changes in the overall pattern. Doesn't mean we can't cash in, but you guys know how much of a weenie I am so for me to pessimistic kind of sucks.....Then again, we'll probably get a HECS from VA to NJ 

not really sure what you want

If it's going to be cold.. snow. I may be wrong and it may shift a bit after day ~7-10 but the way it's modeled to set up isn't great for us overall. We can obviously still snow into March but after another 10-14 we are fighting climo. I see no reason to chase a day 11-12 potential snow risk based on any model.

If it's going to be cold.. snow. I may be wrong and it may shift a bit after day ~7-10 but the way it's modeled to set up isn't great for us overall. We can obviously still snow into March but after another 10-14 we are fighting climo. I see no reason to chase a day 11-12 potential snow risk based on any model.

there is more to life than snow. Look at zwyts. He left the board. You have to know when to cut your losses and move on. Snow is like love...when you least expect it..it will come. Stop chasing

there is more to life than snow. Look at zwyts. He left the board. You have to know when to cut your losses and move on. Snow is like love...when you least expect it..it will come. Stop chasing

True. I'm going to FL next weekend.. too bad it's going to be cold there too. :axe:

Archived