joxey
February mid to long range threats discussion

Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not for us....just another heart break

and "no", it won't trend in our favor this winter

Verbatim no, its not good here either....When I say astonishing I'm talking about the cold & the upper air pattern. IF that ULL dropped farther S it could close off East of us though it could be good for us though. I'm a fan of extremes when it comes to weather. Even if 00z GFS didn't give us a snowstorm I'd pay to see something like that happen, the cold would be absurd lol. 

Verbatim no, its not good here either....When I say astonishing I'm talking about the cold & the upper air pattern. IF that ULL dropped farther S it could close off East of us though it could be good for us though. I'm a fan of extremes when it comes to weather. Even if 00z GFS didn't give us a snowstorm I'd pay to see something like that happen, the cold would be absurd lol. 

problem is, we have our extremes already this year....extremely fooked!

You can always watch a JB video. Then you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

doubt it because it means I would have wasted money

I love how the GFS has 850mb at BWI rise 17.1C in 24 hours to give us rain on this run

it has to be right, I don't care what hour it is, in light of what has happened this year

at least it's finding new ways to screw us and NE gets rain too, so I "guess" you can say the pattern will be broken by then      lol

doubt it because it means I would have wasted money

I love how the GFS has 850mb at BWI rise 17.1C in 24 hours to give us rain on this run

it has to be right, I don't care what hour it is, in light of what has happened this year

at least it's finding new ways to screw us and NE gets rain too, so I "guess" you can say the pattern will be broken by then      lol

This wonderful hobby of ours is more than often a waste of time and money. Fortunately for me once Spring is here I could careless about weather until the next fall.

This wonderful hobby of ours is more than often a waste of time and money. Fortunately for me once Spring is here I could careless about weather until the next fall.

yeah, I agree

on all points

it'll change 100x on the models between now and 2 weeks, but it is crazy how we can are seemingly singled out to get denied, "we" as in 40S

usually, the folks down south will get a fluke snow that misses DCA/BWI, but they haven't even seen that

northern stream = NINA-type pattern = we're screwed every time

Is it just wishful thinking or can the vodka cold reshuffle the storm tracks a bit?

Better question: will the potential east-based NAO alluded to in Isotherm's post help us... at all? It's not the same as the classic west-based block but it has to at least be better than the +NAO we've had all season. Right?

some crazy **** on the gfs next weekend.

GGEM does mostly the same thing.   CHance of it happening?: .000000001%   Euro will laugh at the idea.

On the off chance it's right, we'll definitely get screwed and NE will get theirs once again.   I'll probably chase as it'll be the only chance to experience a real snowstorm this winter.

Two things to root for. I doubt getting the pv further south is even a remote possability so the better option is for it to drop but not that far. Then it would keep the track of those vorts under us but not squash them. Then as the Baja energy ejects we have a shot but it's way too far out to know what the setup for that will be. When it comes out we need the pv pressing or some blocking or it's likely to be rain.

Two things to root for. I doubt getting the pv further south is even a remote possability so the better option is for it to drop but not that far. Then it would keep the track of those vorts under us but not squash them. Then as the Baja energy ejects we have a shot but it's way too far out to know what the setup for that will be. When it comes out we need the pv pressing or some blocking or it's likely to be rain.

I really don't know what a triple phaser would look like because they are so rare and I haven't bothered to ever study 3/93 but, Euro looks close to something like what I would expect a triple phaser to look like at day 10. Of course, I could be completely wrong with my characterization, but it does show an interesting setup. Problem is, it looks to cut to our west, though prior maps and a loop suggest that the slp might pass to our south. Pay site maps depict this better than these links, but you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2015020700/ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_11.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2015020700/ecmwf_T850_namer_11.png

I really don't know what a triple phaser would look like because they are so rare and I haven't bothered to ever study 3/93 but, Euro looks close to something like what I would expect a triple phaser to look like at day 10. Of course, I could be completely wrong with my characterization, but it does show an interesting setup. Problem is, it looks to cut to our west, though prior maps and a loop suggest that the slp might pass to our south. Pay site maps depict this better than these links, but you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2015020700/ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_11.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2015020700/ecmwf_T850_namer_11.png

you can use this link to loop the 5H

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf&region=us&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2015020700&fh=240&xpos=0&ypos=0

That low looks like its headed for Cleveland.

has that look for sure, but since it's 10 days away and can easily make it to Chicago, I'd prefer to give it time to let the models find a different way to screw us     ;)

Without a pattern reshuffle there is no reason to expect anything different. I don't see any meaningful changes in the AO/NAO state(transient east based block doesn't help), so we likely will see some vort squashing cold followed by a soaking rain.

Archived