joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 1/9 Light Snow Event

IsentropicLift

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

temps have skyrocketed on the strong sw winds overnight with many south shore locales at or even above freezing as of 4:30am  I didn't expect to be flirting with the freezing mark this early but this goes to show you how ocean temps in the low 40;s just offshore can wreak havoc at the surface when combined with strong winds off those waters

...temp here in eastport has climbed to 33.2*..it was 14* around 10pm last nite..wow, thats

some climb..almost 20 degrees in 8 hours!!..wonder if this period of snow will be a period of rain?

...temp here in eastport has climbed to 33.2*..it was 14* around 10pm last nite..wow, thats

some climb..almost 20 degrees in 8 hours!!..wonder if this period of snow will be a period of rain?

The warm air is right at the surface 1000 feet up it's still below freezing so it will snow. May not stick right along the south shore and out east.

The warm air is right at the surface 1000 feet up it's still below freezing so it will snow. May not stick right along the south shore and out east.

Check ur DP the sec it snows ur BL crash and it sticks.

That ground is frozen

This is one of those rare cases where it's still below freezing at JFK 28 and long beach and above freezing on the north shore of Suffolk based in the wind trajectory. Further west it's off New Jersey and briefly over the water and the further east you go the more water. Here it's just barely above freezing at 33. It has melted some of the remaining snow which is annoying.

That band coming in looks decent and I only need to cool a degree so it should accumulate here

This is one of those rare cases where it's still below freezing at JFK 28 and long beach and above freezing on the north shore of Suffolk based in the wind trajectory. Further west it's off New Jersey and briefly over the water and the further east you go the more water. Here it's just barely above freezing at 33. It has melted some of the remaining snow which is annoying.

That band coming in looks decent and I only need to cool a degree so it should accumulate here

its not above freezing where i live on the NS of suffolk lol...

Archived