SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/7 - 1/9 Clipper system

SpartyOn

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its American vs foreign models right now...will be interesting if either caves to the other at tonights 00z runs. Its only 2 days away (but I guess that IS asking a lot of these models lol).

looks like this might be one for those who got screwed to the south with this past one.   Having the ggem where you want it might not be a bad thing.  If you recall, the ggem was the furthest south and weakest with this last clipper several days out.

looks like this might be one for those who got screwed to the south with this past one.   Having the ggem where you want it might not be a bad thing.  If you recall, the ggem was the furthest south and weakest with this last clipper several days out.

Yes, it was the canary in the coal mine. Sniffed that one out. We'll see how it does with this one.

I'll take the 03z SREF mean! :popcorn:

Between this last clipper and lake effect during the day/tonight i have already picked up almost 6" inches here.

2.5" here since Sunday night here. So good to have that SE MI nickel and diming back between systems...god I missed it in December :P. Models looking excellent for tomorrow night, and ratios are the wild card. qpf output is increasing every run and if we can fluff it up we will be in for a nice surprise.

Currently my forecast is calling for an inch. Any snow with the roads this cold is going to be a headache.

Para-GFS generous with the snowfall amounts...

gfsp_asnow_eus_10.png

Tropical Tidbits maps should be on the 'banned' list, always so misleading (this time due to ratios vs any contamination from freezing rain/sleet).

Archived