• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Fooked!

Ji

Unless the ao/nao turn around, it's going be underwhelming in these parts. Prior to xmas, there was meaningful blocking showing up (and justifiable optimism from weenies and pros alike). That actual -ao we just had ended up being 15 minutes long (and useless) and now the progs for for the ao to rocket skywards and remain there for 2 weeks.

Jan is currently at risk for a solid +ao. Until that turns around for real and not 10+ days away, any patten change late month isn't going to help much for our area. Further north doesn't have to worry as much.

lol when is the last time we had any meaningful blocking during the winter months? Seems like a meteorological impossibility anymore.  It really wasnt all that impressive on the models and it came and went depending on the model run. I was never anticipating any real cooperation on the Atlantic side.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing id say is I was looking thru old stuff and everyone was freaking out in early Feb last year because pattern was progged to flood with pac warmth. Then it snowed a lot.

Obv it's a bad look but it does snow here every year and we are into climo goodness now or soon depending on location.

I think that was when the GFS cancelled winter and people were dry humping the MJO. Oops.

looking back at BWI snow records and recalling some of the lousier winters, I knew there was something familiar about this winter so far......80/81

80/81 ended up having 2 out of 3 winter months BN temp-wise, only 4.6" total snow, but was the quintessential warm/wet, cold/dry style winter

let's hope that winter doesn't come to fruition

looking back at BWI snow records and recalling some of the lousier winters, I knew there was something familiar about this winter so far......80/81

80/81 ended up having 2 out of 3 winter months BN temp-wise, only 4.6" total snow, but was the quintessential warm/wet, cold/dry style winter

The only thing that said winter would suck ass this year was the cfs2. Just sayin

You may be right. There could be some pretty impressive negative departures next week between rainstorms as the models keep getting colder and colder for the midweek period.

Archived