Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure like the chances coming up, Some cold, And some storms possibly, Right now we need the cold

Nice look with a battleground over the northeast and New England...almost gradient like. Very cold air lurking north in Canada, and milder air down in the mid-Atlantic....lows approaching from the south/west, we'd have our good chances.

Nice look with a battleground over the northeast and New England...almost gradient like. Very cold air lurking north in Canada, and milder air down in the mid-Atlantic....lows approaching from the south/west, we'd have our good chances.

The juice will be there, Yeah i like those 492 thicknesses near by

Gradient seems too far north for us NYC-folk.  

So close you can almost touch it... or acquiesce and book a family ski trip to Smuggs.

12z GEM puts snow on the ground for most of us for New Year's (and yes, I know it is over a week out and that you should never trust that model--still fun to look at)

It actually gave us two snow events...it was snow for us on the 12/28-29 event too, though I'm still skeptical of that one. I think that one will cut west of us since it's almost like the 12/27 event but delayed a day or so...the original 12/27 event is so weak and far NW that a new one forms on the front before it passes us.

I do think the 12/30-31 event is still on the table.

Re the statements I made earlier wrt the EPO: 

It occurs to me ... the CDC had a "teleconnector outage" that lasted a week or so around Thanks Giggedy.  When the site came back on line with updates ... the index was rather chaotic for several days, assuming giant values of PNA followed by comparatively negative ... switching almost nightly.  The EPO and NAO were also wildly handled - tho not as extreme.  

Then, only in the last week the index looked tamer/more reasonable and coherent.  I am wondering last night's flip-o-rino might not be related to some of that noise still rattling around in however it is exactly they calculate (if perhaps conserving previous signals to some degree) their EOFs 

Tonight's computations might be interesting. 

Euro is a nice snow event for NNE and down to even HUbby. Mix to snow for the rest. on the 28-29.

Kind of pulled a GGEM there in squashing it enough for be a mainly frozen event...esp pike north. I tghink even BOS would finish with a good hit of snow on that after rain initially.

Anyways, 7 days out and that one is still a longshot to me.

Kind of pulled a GGEM there in squashing it enough for be a mainly frozen event...esp pike north. I tghink even BOS would finish with a good hit of snow on that after rain initially.

Anyways, 7 days out and that one is still a longshot to me.

Yeah it could easily go the other way for sure. 

Yeah it could easily go the other way for sure.

Given the bulk of the SE ridge, I'd favor much further NW at the moment. I wouldn't be shocked if the entire wave cut W of New England...but on today's 12z guidance so far it is getting a lot of help from some big confluence in Quebec due to that shortwave moving east from James Bay...so perhaps that trend is real. We probably won't know for another couple runs if it is or not.

Coming up to this neck of the woods?  New Year's in BTV is awesome.  Great vibe.

Euro verbatim is a nice Advisory snow there.  Just nice to see a threat continued.  Something will happen in that time frame it looks like... whether its the 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st.

And it looks to be just cold enough as well for what falls to be snow mainly for some

Coming up to this neck of the woods?  New Year's in BTV is awesome.  Great vibe.

Euro verbatim is a nice Advisory snow there.  Just nice to see a threat continued.  Something will happen in that time frame it looks like... whether its the 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st.

Yeah, i love BTV.   Advisory snow though?  Meh.   Ain't riding up there for that.  Although y'alls advisory snow is like a super duper warning snow down here.  :(

Archived