SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

djr5001

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not good at the temps. How will we be with temperature? 29ish? will we be ok, or where there be some issues?

12z NAM has MDT between 0 and -1 C at 850mb while 12z GFS between 0 and 1C.  Both also have surface temp at 34F at 1pm... already 32F at 11am with full sunshine... I am expecting mixing issues around here and still do think AOO-UNV region is going to cash in

This is definitely a tricky one for those SE of I-81/I-78. The front-end thump in the SE will have the most accumulation from the storm (perhaps more on the back-end?). Farther NW, light/mod snow will continue through the day, so higher amounts should be just N&W of Harrisburg. To be honest, this has been tough to forecast.

I BELIEVE IN THE THUMP.

Being honest, we have a youth basketball game I'm coaching tmrw that I really don't want to cancel, so if we could avoid 3 plus it would be great(Anything 5 plus is impossible to be upset about) However, we usually seem to get what I don't want right on the nose so we'll get 2.5ish and have to cancel lol. It's a game we need for a local tourney invite, and we don't do make-ups.

Hope you guys up north either get a surprise from this storm, or the clipper comes back north for ya. But even if not, there will be plenty more opportunities to score this winter, I'm sure.

Mallow have 15.6" for the season "not bad" workin my way towards the season average a couple inches at a time :-)

Just as long as someone in the forum is getting snow I'm happy....

Archived