joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its frustrating reading here sometimes and its always always why I take the time each morning to look at everything before I even read here. even the Euro Op run crushes some people here who appear to be trembling with fear. Montreal rain? yea Ok 

To be honest there's only one here that mentioned rain to Montreal...

there is going to be, I think this hellacious CF bisecting NE somewhere, west of there is going to get pummeled and then heights will crash. Big potential for a stall it appears. Where it all sets up is the detail but with that 8H inflow tremendous lift and dynamical snows . another power stealing type snowstorm seems to be in the cards for the same areas that just got raked, maybe farther inland but this looks like a doozy. the 1992 type elevation parrallels are not too far of IMHO

There is almost certainly going to be a CF...but it won't matter that much if the mid-levels don't stay cold enough. That's obviously where the details are going to matter. I don't think this is an icing setup anymore with the delayed timing...so it's either rain or snow...maybe a very thin transition zone.

As long as you either keep the the southern stream seperate enough to allow for turning in the mid-levels more out of the east as the storm gains latitude....or have a full-on phase with the storm to our east (like yesterday's 12z Ukie), then we can have a snowier solution. What you don't want is the northern stream getting involved to the point of causing SE flow in the mid-levels to warm everyone up. We want it turned more easterly to feed in from the dry polar source region of the retreating high.

These are details that cannot be predicted yet, so who knows right now.

Its frustrating reading here sometimes and its always always why I take the time each morning to look at everything before I even read here. even the Euro Op run crushes some people here who appear to be trembling with fear. Montreal rain? yea Ok 

If you are referring to me..Euro is almost all rain here..if you discount the backside foolishness

And then there is always the GFS, lol.

Probably best to at least let the next system clear out before looking at fine details for the one after.

This is the 9-10th thread so no need to talk tomorrows here, But i don't think there are any finer details being worked out only the possibilities that may exists and the type of scenarios needed to be more favorable for many

If you are referring to me..Euro is almost all rain here..if you discount the backside foolishness

Well you on the Montreal rain, others up in the elevated western areas too. i sometimes think i am looking at old runs after reading here and have to go back and relook, but this weekend we get a better idea anyways just using ENS until tomorrow night then delve into details . But  what you call backside foolishness is the result of a stacked vertical stall and that is not uncommon in that type of setup.

But but....BOX Says:

THE 12Z ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN HAS BEEN THE MOST CONSISTENT AND THEREFORE WILL

LEAN TOWARDS THIS SOLUTION...WHICH TAKES THE LOW PRESSURE OVER THE

40/70 BENCHMARK SOUTHEAST OF NANTUCKET. THIS WOULD RESULT IN WINTER

WEATHER ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA ALONG WITH GUSTY WINDS.

They didn't see the 00z mean.

Para was nothing special with the last coastal. It took a long time to catch on.

This Euro run is just toastier across the board than 12z was. Normally a low tracking southeast of LI to Boston would have more of front end thump than indicated here. It waits so long now that the pre-existing airmass has become more stale..

I wonder what para would do? The old gfs is thankfully in its last days of operation.

This is the 9-10th thread so no need to talk tomorrows here, But i don't think there are any finer details being worked out only the possibilities that may exists and the type of scenarios needed to be more favorable for many

I was just saying that there is a major system before this one. That makes changes to this one's prog more likely I would think.

Para was nothing special with the last coastal. It took a long time to catch on.

This Euro run is just toastier across the board than 12z was. Normally a low tracking southeast of LI to Boston would have more of front end thump than indicated here. It waits so long now that the pre-existing airmass has become more stale..

My recollection is it locked in within 3-4 days and made slow adjustments to the mean guidance.

Ya, and he said "It's a Lock."   My goodness, it's 100 plus hours out...how could anything be a lock at this vantage point.  That 0z run of the Euro looks to crazy in my opinion.  But I suppose you also can't rule it out either.  But that's just a crazy run period.

The retro scenario in this threat would probably be the best way for the coastal areas to pick up snow. Swing the system out east and then retro it back toward like PWM or something...because unless the high trends better, it's curtains with that easterly flow. On a retro scenario you have CCB snows on a NNW wind. But obviously you need the track to take a wide enough turn out to the east.

Ya, and he said "It's a Lock."   My goodness, it's 100 plus hours out...how could anything be a lock at this vantage point.  That 0z run of the Euro looks to crazy in my opinion.  But I suppose you also can't rule it out either.  But that's just a crazy run period.

As I think Ginxy said earlier, DIT only said that cause he may not get in on this one whereas areas to his north could get significant snowfall...

lol seriously. I made a bit of a hit and run post, but I didn't mean to imply a cutting rainer here. I don't like the look of it for mostly snow imby on those euro runs, but I would expect some decent accums from that solution. The euro went from snowing in the teens here during the afternoon to BL issues 24+ hrs later. I'm not eeyoreing the system either...it's still d4.

lol seriously. I made a bit of a hit and run post, but I didn't mean to imply a cutting rainer here. I don't like the look of it for mostly snow imby on those euro runs, but I would expect some decent accums from that solution. The euro went from snowing in the teens here during the afternoon to BL issues 24+ hrs later. I'm not eeyoreing the system either...it's still d4.

Yeah those BL issues not gonna happen either with euro.

Archived