Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait for the run over the next few days that brings it over SE Mass. This place will lose it. Hope it doesn't happen,, but it is entirely possible

That's a frequent occurrence so no one should be that shocked if it happens. This early, I want a coastal storm. I'm happy because I think it happens. I don't lament loss of snow before the solstice.

It seems some are thinking the chance of east is higher than west. Let me tell you.. In this setup there's room for 100 miles plus to come west[/quote

Possibly but it would really require an early and extreme type of phase its not like the NAO is off the charts negative and like the last storm the Low up in Canada could act as a kicker to keep things moving.

Most models have a piece of arctic jet energy breaking off from the PV's area of dominance and the arctic jet flow over Canada.  It allows a piece of energy to amplify within the arctic jet and dive southeastward, putting our chances of a colder scenario in the backyard garbage bin, instead the foreign models all have a degree of this occurring as well, but not to the point of the GFS.  GFS is overplaying the arctic jet disturbance and therefore is a colder air mass after the Tuesday storm.  There is a chance that the models will resolve this with better northern stream system sampling by day 2.

Yeah. Only shot we have is if the high can move into a favorable position, and we are trending away from that type of solution

Eh, it's still too far out. I'd wait another couple days before considering any sort of trends as being meaningful.

I get what you're saying though, verbatim that high position would be... Hostile.

If the Euro starts to lock in on this thing, I think I'll just quit looking at the GFS for a couple days. It's not worth the time and annoyance. I can do that since I'm just a weenie. :)

Well the Canadian and Ukie still got it. Ukie seems pretty mild for many though. Good for you out that way and also probably a good dump for maybe ORH on north.

Archived