Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a totally whacked out Euro run...full on phase with the northern jet....it actually retros the low into N NH and then back SW into SE NY...lol.

Good snows for NY State and western NE...though everyone flips to snow when the retro job occurs. It's going to take a while before know what this one does. Amazing that the GFS still basically has nothing.

That is a totally whacked out Euro run...full on phase with the northern jet....it actually retros the low into N NH and then back SW into SE NY...lol.

Good snows for NY State and western NE...though everyone flips to snow when the retro job occurs. It's going to take a while before know what this one does. Amazing that the GFS still basically has nothing.

Oh god no....that sounds like 2/26/10 on crack. :lol:

988mb over BOS....man what a difference between GFS and ECM.

Warm though. Rain even up here? Isothermal maybe.

I think you're in a pretty good spot... early congrats!   :snowman:

I am I seeing this right....does it go from NH back to CT between 126hr and 132hr?

Pretty much, lol.  

The funny thing is the Canadian sniffed out 2/26/10 at 240 hours before any other model and I think it was the first to have this storm

Hmmm....it's a little bit like the broken clock syndrome that Will alluded to earlier. A model that shows a bomb all the time will be right once in a while (when a bomb actually verifies).

Hmmm....it's a little bit like the broken clock syndrome that Will alluded to earlier. A model that shows a bomb all the time will be right once in a while (when a bomb actually verifies).

Yeah, pretty much how if this whole thing shifts 150 miles east people will think the GFS got it right, well it won't...at this point some big storm will form but it may be 150 miles east of this so the GFS could ultimately back into the right idea.

BOX is bullish for a colder scenario--at least in GC.

Monday: Partly sunny. Cold with highs in the upper 20s.

Monday Night: Snow likely. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Tuesday: Snow likely with a chance of rain. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Lows in the mid 20s.

Wednesday Through Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the lower 20s.

BOX is bullish for a colder scenario--at least in GC.

Monday: Partly sunny. Cold with highs in the upper 20s.

Monday Night: Snow likely. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Tuesday: Snow likely with a chance of rain. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Lows in the mid 20s.

Wednesday Through Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the lower 20s.

Just look at who was on the desk.. It's going over E Mass..That's almost a lock now

its not a horrible run. ITs still close to a big hit in my opinion . it looks like when it gets captured up near Portsmouth, 850's on the back side are crashing below zero and when it occludes and becomes vertically stacked the cold air wraps right into the center as it it retrogrades westward. obviously with the track right over us we have to worry about dry air entrainmentand the best for forcing and dynamics get pushed off to our north and westbut it doesn't look horrible in my opinion.

Archived