Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even the mlvl's?  

Yes. Kind of a decent shift for this close in right on top of the event...I wonder if north of the pike survives without much pinging...maybe a bit, but it could take until 00z if Euro is correct. I guess we'll just have to nowcast this.

What's y'all's thoughts on back end snows for western portions of the area? EURO/RAP/HRRR/RGEM all show us cooling by about 7-8 PM or so with several hours of precip to go, but I'm skeptical... If we can stay sleet as opposed to rain during the changeover time this afternoon, I think that'll help accumulate anything that might fall when we flip back because we've got a cold base layer of sleet in place then to work with, but it's pretty rare for back end to work out here so who knows. Fun to see moderate snow in the air though even if it isn't doing anything to the ground, nice taste of what's to come.

Yes. Kind of a decent shift for this close in right on top of the event...I wonder if north of the pike survives without much pinging...maybe a bit, but it could take until 00z if Euro is correct. I guess we'll just have to nowcast this.

This is real interesting to see.  The thermal gradient was pretty tight though so now perhaps that we are closer the model is handling those coarse details a bit better?

Archived