Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like Jan 2005, only 30 degrees warmer.

I loled.....

So glad w did the overnight drive! End to end dry roads. Waze ftw...saved me 2 hours in pike and NYC traffic.

When I woke to pee twice (coffee fueled night drive) I noticed light rain. I got up around 9:40 (bed at 4am after arriving at 3:15..lol) and light rain, snow mixing in around 9:50 and now about 70% snow and changing over rapidly. I think this was earlier vs progs and I suspect New England is in for quite the treat later today. Glad I'm here already and not driving!

I loled.....

So glad w did the overnight drive! End to end dry roads. Waze ftw...saved me 2 hours in pike and NYC traffic.

When I woke to pee twice (coffee fueled night drive) I noticed light rain. I got up around 9:40 (bed at 4am after arriving at 3:15..lol) and light rain, snow mixing in around 9:50 and now about 70% snow and changing over rapidly. I think this was earlier vs progs and I suspect New England is in for quite the treat later today. Glad I'm here already and not driving!

New England NW of 395 495 that is

I loled.....

Are you in Princeton today?

The SPC 700 analysis is very close to the 12z NAM at H7...it might even be running a whisker cooler. The sfc is probably running colder than most guidance had at this point. There's really nothing weird going on unless people expected the 128-495 belt to be snowing about 2-3 hours ahead of schedule.

Just checked the soundings on the 12Z GFS.  Ignoring the lowest levels, it has the column here below freezing, just barely, through at least 21Z with a tremendous amount of precip falling (at least .5 QPF) between 18Z and 21Z.  If it's right, it could be quite a ride around here for a little while.

Edit:  Seems the 12Z RGEM is on the same page with a big burst of snow followed by a few hours of IP.

Archived