Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I noticed that when examining the GFS, too.

NAM was more clear cut with an extended period of snow.

It's not sleeting by a ton at 00z there H7 is like right at 0C...so it probably snows through at least 21z-22z on the Euro, perhaps a bit longer.

Its been a very similar solution for like 5-6 runs in a row now...only minor wobbles.

looking at national radar is a thing of beauty watching the GOM still feed this beast. Inland PA reports should be fun by am commute.

Wonder what state the highest total will fall. Any guesses? PA/NY/NJ/CT/MA/VT/NH?

I'd guess NH, ME, MA in that order of probability.

Hate to ask for my area but I have no access to euro from my phone. How far does the sleet get jnto north jersey

Maybe 10-15 miles west of NYC? Hard to tell exactly without having the in-between hours.

Snowfall maps not all that different in the end

We're talking minor shifts...thats why. The sfc low oriented a bit different early on for a closer track, but it didn't change the the CF much..it's still going to be close to the coast...and the mid-levels were similar..a hair warmer, but well within typical model noise.

Nobody can really say if the sleet gets to the pike at 21z or 23z or 00z or 20z...it just isn't going to be possible probably until the last few hours.

We're talking minor shifts...thats why. The sfc low oriented a bit different early on for a closer track, but it didn't change the the CF much..it's still going to be close to the coast...and the mid-levels were similar..a hair warmer, but well within typical model noise.

Nobody can really say if the sleet gets to the pike at 21z or 23z or 00z or 20z...it just isn't going to be possible probably until the last few hours.

Either way, still looks like a great snow in same areas.

Thanks . I'm about 30 miles nw of the NYC . Seems like I'm still safe

News 12 has only 1-3" from 287 south in Westchester and 3-6" from 287 north....seems like predictions are pretty conservative for this storm as we saw with the BOS meteorologists..except for the Weather Channel which had a large stripe of 8-12". I don't know if the BL warming is being overplayed for areas like Boston and Long Island since Tds are in the 20s now..

I'm not really sure what to expect down here. Maybe some people can help with a good forecast for this area as a lot of folks are asking me about travel plans? 0z ECM looked a good bit colder than 0z GFS with 850s at 21 hours running from the North Fork of LI to near Atlantic City NJ. But 700mb temperatures are apparently a torch with the track of the mid-levels. 

What's a reasonable call here? 1-3" for NYC, 4-8" in Westchester/Rockland, 8-12" for Putnam/Orange etc?

There are some weather people are not going for sleet for in ct or mass inland areas and even near i -95 area . It will have banding to . storm is stronger too . sorry disagree with some those going for sleet . im not and going for 7- 12 inches in inland ct and the hartford area .  plus the temp  will crash on wed and are colder in nj than model said for tonight .

Archived