Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is odd but frequently the nws totals run on the high side around here for whatever reason. OKX has had some monster flip flops with their snow map.

Yeah OKX especially for sure. I am starting to think the CT zones are truly an afterthought for them, although they are often high in their NY zones as well.

OKX radar says there is a little ways to go.

Weathertap is showing all sorts of returns over SNE at this point.  Virga?  With little temp/dp delta, I'd expect not.

I'm not familiar with all the different types of radar (reflectivity tilt, ,etc.).  What would one recommend using for this?  Is one particularly good at identifying p-type?

34.2/28

Weathertap is showing all sorts of returns over SNE at this point. Virga? With little temp/dp delta, I'd expect not.

I'm not familiar with all the different types of radar (reflectivity tilt, ,etc.). What would one recommend using for this? Is one particularly good at identifying p-type?

34.2/28

You can watch the pingers advancing on cc

40.4/30 nervous about my low elevation. Would love to be about 20 miles NW. PRECIPITATION rates and banding will be key. Not expecting all snow here until 11-12.

Shadowing is a factor but not a huge one. I have resigned to the warm tongue. Sloppy snow is, well, sloppy.

Archived