Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chill finally came in pretty good after midnight and we dropped to 15 for a low. Partly sunny and 19 now. I'm psyched for my inch. ;)

I guess the cooler air was a little late in arriving last night?  The forecasted lows were for the teens.  I'm now at 26.4/19.  Looking at the mesomap, still pretty torchy this morning.  Helluva way to run a WWA.

Fair enough..That's much better and more professional than saying everything is shut of for 14-21 days

I feel that it's likely a lot of us will be shut out for the next two weeks. What would not be professional is to wishcast some sort of fluke which you seem to imply. If you get something, more power to you.

And sunny like yesterday morning. At least I won't be distracted while studying for finals with this pattern settling in.

People get irritated with Kevin, but its always the same people feeding into it and ending up becoming aggrivated. :lol:

Then once the masses see that any semblence of controversey exists within an exchange, the natural proclivity it to add their own two cents and take a position.

We have two pages worth of pages consumed.

The end.

Rinse, repeat....

It looks cruddy through mid-month...doesn't mean we can't sneak in an event. I've seen worse such as Dec 2006 and Dec 2011, but it's pretty ugly.

I'll put the shot at an advisory snow event below 30% through mid-month...we may get some crappy ones like tonight's "event".

Kevin just wants everyone to focus on the low chance that we could still sneak an event in...not the much higher chance at a totally boring and uneventful 10-14 days.

I wish that everyone could fix that into their sigs and remember it. Just let it go :lol:

We know people's tendencies.....I'm sure Ginx will come in, seemingly oblivious to the urine clad cheerios permeating the forum and break the news that a pond in a remote villiage of northern Scanadanavia has completely skimmed over prior to Decemeber 3rd for the first time in recorded history...."epic".

We know how folks roll; just leave it be.

I wish that everyone could fix that into their sigs and remember it. Just let it go :lol:

We know people's tendencies.....I'm sure Ginx will come in, seemingly oblivious to the urine clad cheerios permeating the forum and break the news that a pond in a remote villiage of northern Scanadanavia has completely skimmed over prior to Decemeber 3rd for the first time in recorded history...."epic".

Can-I-get-an-AMEN-3F-21-3F-21.jpg

I wish that everyone could fix that into their sigs and remember it. Just let it go :lol:

We know people's tendencies.....I'm sure Ginx will come in, seemingly oblivious to the urine clad cheerios permeating the forum and break the news that a pond in a remote villiage of northern Scanadanavia has completely skimmed over prior to Decemeber 3rd for the first time in recorded history...."epic".

:lmao:

Pond ice in Scandanavia. That was pretty good.

:lmao:

Pond ice in Scandanavia. That was pretty good.

Some people just like to accentuate the positive, and I know meteorology is a science that requires objectivity, but the guy is a forty-something year old salesman on a weather forum, not a preeminent meteorologist disseminating crucial atmospheric parameters for the launch of NASA's space shuttle HECS.

We need to practice leaving him be :lol:

Snow or no snow, I'd prefer upper 30's low 40's normal to 60. Everything in its own season. Besides, I just like the feel of the cold(ish) air when the light is low. Can't make an ideology of it, though. I can't argue my wife and daughter out of their preference for warm weather and they can't convince me that having Goose Bay, Labrador's climate wouldn't be a dream come true. 

People get irritated with Kevin, but its always the same people feeding into it and ending up becoming aggrivated. :lol:

Then once the masses see that any semblence of controversey exists within an exchange, the natural proclivity it to add their own two cents and take a position.

We have two pages worth of pages consumed.

The end.

Rinse, repeat....

Yep, same ol movie that plays out every day, week and year here. 

There in lies the difference between a professional met and a wx hobbyist (aka weenie) like myself or Kevin. We can take our 5 or 10 to 1 odds and run with it. What else is there to track in December. Sometimes you get lucky and pull it off.

Plus I enjoy all winter wx. I'll have a good time tracking my inch and ice tonight. It's all good.

I feel that it's likely a lot of us will be shut out for the next two weeks. What would not be professional is to wishcast some sort of fluke which you seem to imply. If you get something, more power to you.

What am I supposed to do, polish a turd?

If he has his way....Yes he wants you to Polish a TURD!  Why do you people keep on trying to explain the obvious to him.  He is in Obvious denial most all the time.  He is the king of Wishcasting and Spinning everything that you fine METS say.  

You all are doing a fine job of explaining and laying all the guidance out there.  Most everybody here understands that it doesn't look good for a at least a couple weeks.  Can something change in a few days, and things suddenly look better, Sure it can.  But one can't hang their hat on that right now.  Please keep up the great work Will and Scott and others, it's very clear for most here what you are saying.  It's only the Spin Master that can't seem to Understand.

The problem is that if a fluke dumped 8" of paste on a hilly suburb of Hartford, the responses would be loaded with AWTs and other nonsense, despite 90% of the population receiving nothing. So now it's like we have to cover everything, even very low probability scenarios. What most of us do, is just speak of the overall pattern. We all know it becomes a better likelihood deeper into the season to sneak some marginal event in, but that shouldn't change the idea of a crappy pattern.

Agreed...but you can't call into question the professionalism of a pro met and not expect to draw the ire of someone.

He's also being a hypocrite. He gets all worked up and bothered when mets are posting the pattern is crap. Well, if he took his own advice and realized that those people are just posting their opinion on a weather blog and not to get bothered by it, then he would have nothing to object to.

He's also being a hypocrite. He gets all worked up and bothered when mets are posting the pattern is crap. Well, if he took his own advice and realized that those people are just posting their opinion on a weather blog and not to get bothered by it, then he would have nothing to object to.

What IS our established service level agreement with regard to standards of professionalism here on the forums for people interested in weather?

Asking for a friend.

I guess ...not sure what people's problem is... ignoring nice advisory event for a lot from the OV to NE regions?  Haven't the time to scan back pages but seems there's a pre-occupation for big ticket synoptics, when there are interesting meteorological happenings right now.  

I also believe that NWS offices are going to have a problem getting this (bold below) to verify for Worcester Hills and western Middlesex Co, ...possibly down into N CT, too.

Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2am. Low around 31. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

It's going to change and get above freezing  [most likely], but these scenarios belay ...like, 90% of the events.  

I guess ...not sure what people's problem is... ignoring nice advisory event for a lot from the OV to NE regions?  Haven't the time to scan back pages but seems there's a pre-occupation for big ticket synoptics, when there are interesting meteorological happenings right now.  

I also believe that NWS offices are going to have a problem getting this (bold below) to verify for Worcester Hills and western Middlesex Co, ...possibly down into N CT, too.

Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2am. Low around 31. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

It's going to change and get above freezing  [most likely], but these scenarios belay ...like, 90% of the events.  

Non event inside 495....so... 

Wait! That map shows that we have 40-50% of NOT being above normal, right! (Just kidding). What seems real enough based on the serious discussions, is that it isn't going to be hugely above (a lot of 50-60 degree stuff). It looks more like 3-5 degrees, doesn't it? Or, has that changed to "torch" (I detest that term)?

Wait! That map shows that we have 40-50% of NOT being above normal, right! (Just kidding). What seems real enough based on the serious discussions, is that it isn't going to be hugely above (a lot of 50-60 degree stuff). It looks more like 3-5 degrees, doesn't it? Or, has that changed to "torch" (I detest that term)?

:weenie:

Archived