Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure are interested in recurving typhoons in the cold season, haha. Don't you give Ginxy crap all summer for talking about those?

It's a JB rule that we joke about..Once the Euro realizes it's actually going to recurve all the whiners and complainers the last few days will be changing their tunes. just like Nov. Nothing changed with the overnight runs..yet you'd think a mustard bomb was just dropped in New England

It's a JB rule that we joke about..Once the Euro realizes it's actually going to recurve all the whiners and complainers the last few days will be changing their tunes. just like Nov. Nothing changed with the overnight runs..yet you'd think a mustard bomb was just dropped in New England

Just sit back and admire your nice clean, green, lawn.

Well it wasn't like anyone is any more or less upbeat than they were yesterday.  It looks identical and the mood is identical, haha.

The posts about snowless December..and the met trolling. It gets old.. I mean you could semi understand it..if the pattern did look bad..but when it looks halfway decent for the interior ..it's probably not time to worry

The posts about snowless December..and the met trolling. It gets old.. I mean you could semi understand it..if the pattern did look bad..but when it looks halfway decent for the interior ..it's probably not time to worry

Kevin, I'm upbeat on winter but the pattern looks like dog dung from sea to shining sea.

Kevin, I'm upbeat on winter but the pattern looks like dog dung from sea to shining sea.

Jerry..no it doesn't. We've seen far worse in other years. It doesn't look great..but it certainly isn't terrible looking. There's even an outside shot at something this weekend esp for CNE on north. It's not a torch..and there's cold highs to the north that if times right can deliver wintry precip.Typhoon recurves and all this nonsense is gone..Just like Nov. I just don't understand it

Jerry..no it doesn't. We've seen far worse in other years. It doesn't look great..but it certainly isn't terrible looking. There's even an outside shot at something this weekend esp for CNE on north. It's not a torch..and there's cold highs to the north that if times right can deliver wintry precip.Typhoon recurves and all this nonsense is gone..Just like Nov. I just don't understand it

If you actually look at a model, you will agree with Jerry.

Truth hurts. It's shut off barring any fluke for the next 2-3 weeks. When everyone else agrees...I don't know what to tell you. Hope for a fluke.

You've been all over the place lately so let's get some definitive information

1) For the next 21 or so days you are saying there will be no wintry precip in SNE and it will be above normal? After posting last night maybe 12 hours ago..that the Dec 10-12 period could POSSIBLy feature something ..Unless a storm happens to come along timed  correctly..

2) That would mean chances are very low to none of a White Christmas

I will say 2-3 wintry events are possible over the next 14-21 days with temps averaging near normal

It looks cruddy through mid-month...doesn't mean we can't sneak in an event. I've seen worse such as Dec 2006 and Dec 2011, but it's pretty ugly.

I'll put the shot at an advisory snow event below 30% through mid-month...we may get some crappy ones like tonight's "event".

Kevin just wants everyone to focus on the low chance that we could still sneak an event in...not the much higher chance at a totally boring and uneventful 10-14 days.

You've been all over the place lately so let's get some definitive information

1) For the next 21 or so days you are saying there will be no wintry precip in SNE and it will be above normal? After posting last night maybe 12 hours ago..that the Dec 10-12 period could POSSIBLy feature something ..Unless a storm happens to come along timed correctly..

2) That would mean chances are very low to none of a White Christmas

I will say 2-3 wintry events are possible over the next 14-21 days with temps averaging near normal

How have I been all over the place? I've been saying don't expect much for three weeks.

Yes it probably will be above normal, (although not a furnace) and yes chances for wintry weather are meager overall. However, as I said many times before, the chances to pull off something in a marginal event are there , but I don't see that as a high probability at all. I'm just telling it how it is. Hope for a fluke or the 10-12 to pull something off. The chances are not zero, but I think you would not be at a good state of mind if you just held onto hopes of something marginal. If it happens, awesome. This is for the next 15 days or so.

Kevin, no one is going to give you an absolute denial of any event because then what happens is that we get a marginal 2" event out of a crummy setup or a front end before it gets washed away by 1" of rain and then you're going to be calling us all wrong for forecasting no snow when in reality, we pretty much had the right idea with the pattern being a poor one for snow overall(not to say that something can't thread the needle). I'll give you some odds though which represent my thinking(All for KTOL).

Even money on a 1" event

5:1 on a 4" advisory event

20:1 on a 10"+ event

Unlikely, yes, impossible, no, but don't put your eggs in a five to one longshot.

Odds of a white Christmas for SNE are relatively low even in a good year.

Depends where. ORH is almost 2 out of 3 years for a white Christmas...so actually pretty good. BOS is more like 1 in 3. BDL is around 50/50 as are the suburbs of BOS outside of 128.

Yes it probably will be above normal, (although not a furnace) and yes chances for wintry weather are meager overall. However, as I said many times before, the chances to pull off something in a marginal event are there , but I don't see that as a high probability at all. I'm just telling it how it is. Hope for a fluke or the 10-12 to pull something off. The chances are not zero, but I think you would not be at a good state of mind if you just held onto hopes of something marginal. If it happens, awesome. This is for the next 15 days or so.

Fair enough..That's much better and more professional than saying everything is shut of for 14-21 days

Fair enough..That's much better and more professional than saying everything is shut of for 14-21 days

So what you are saying is that we shouldn't hype up the normal to above normal pattern?

Sounds like you don't like a lot of hyperbole all of the sudden.

Kevin just wants everyone to focus on the low chance that we could still sneak an event in...not the much higher chance at a totally boring and uneventful 10-14 days.

This. Couldn't have summed it up better. Everyone is saying the same thing...chances are low for any meaningful event but it's not zero. Especially if we are considering wintery weather to be a brief snow/mix before rain.

Most folks seem to be posting the higher probability of this being a dud for three weeks. Blizz wants everyone to focus on the low chance that something does sneak in.

Archived