joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beastly looking storm though with a sub 980 low just our north. There's no way this storm will look like the gfs shows this far out so the question will be how will it look like. I saw some semblance of a 50/50 and some east based blocking but this is our transition storm.

The timing is almost hysterical though as we always get these types of storms on Xmas eve/Xmas but again it won't look like the gfs shows 8 days from now.

Beastly looking storm though with a sub 980 low just our north. There's no way this storm will look like the gfs shows this far out so the question will be how will it look like. I saw some semblance of a 50/50 and some east based blocking but this is our transition storm.

The timing is almost hysterical though as we always get these types of storms on Xmas eve/Xmas but again it won't look like the gfs shows 8 days from now.

Ukie has it 200 250 miles south over southern Iowa compaired to GFS having it over southern Minnesota at 144

agreed, 8 days is an eternity 

Before everyone shoots the messenger ( me ) among others who said DEC 20 would be the day we exit the bad pattern on the coast the Christmas system is just a beautiful evolution ( we happen to be on the wrong side of it ) and if it were to occur the way the euro depicts it will be help in bringing down the trough .

So once Dec 25 is gone  so will this S@# pattern .

Patience Jan - Feb should be worth the wait .

The Euro has a 967mb low over Detroit at 192... incase you were wondering.

Good god...

Yeah, 967 won't happen but 982 might...this should be the final pattern changing mechanism...I would prefer it track more towards us or W PA with a NE trajectory, that would setup things possibly for something on the 28th or so...if it cuts up into MI or IL its more likely the ensuing system would be able to cut as well.

Euro 0z pumping ridge in the east at 240hrs while dumping the cold out west... gfs total opposite with very cold conditions for the east. ?..euro has been somewhat east coast ridge happy last several months.

No the Euro has the cold down the plains and through the lakes . Spreads east fast . 

Yesterdays SE ridge at 12z is gone at 0z 

What a powerful setup if it phases though with a massive negatively tilted trough. 06z goes crazy with it as well.

Some of the strongest cutters involved a southern stream phase. So that detail will determine how strong this one gets. Plenty of time to monitor since we are still pretty far out in time.

Archived