joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EC ensembles track it over ACK up to Eastport, ME or just east of there. They are west of 00z, but not by a lot. Kind of similar to the shift in the OP run.

They don't really help us too much in figuring out the OP standing. I would hope for more convergence between the two camps.

It relates to the same shortwave south of AK though. You can follow the uncertainty back in time to initialization there.

So higher heights out west should produce a deeper Great Lakes low, and a less deep East Coast low.

Well the ridge out west actually helped bring the low closer to the coast though.

10401498_779507982096462_516534647140796

That would be what I had anticipated last night as the upper end for GC.  Funny that my expectations now would be due to it running too far west than east.  What a difference a couple model runs make.

One thing to note that lends credence to the western push by all models is that things are being sampled better as noted earlier as the pieces of the puzzle become feet dry off the Pacific.

Maybe a crapload of lift below 700 dynamically cooling that layer enough to retard the northward advance of warm air?

Doesn't seem like a situation where you would have severely sloped warm air in an overrunning set up.

Yeah the Vvs probably helped make this an aggregate bomb for awhile near ORH and into the Lakes region for sure. You can see the warming in the mid levels sort of slow.

I've been thinking something like the previous 2 euro runs. Got to ride the Euro hard and not surprised to see the GFS gradually coming west. But there's no reason to select the most west of all the euro runs as the most likely solution. Think this might be the most west run we see. I'm still tossing the GFS, but think it probably ends up a bit east of the most recent 12 ecm.

There's a pretty solid clustering of a lot of the members over or just E of ACK I would think just looking at the 5H spaghetti plots. Can't see the actual low locations, but that is less relevant to me anyway than looking at the upper air trough.

It's great to have a met in the capital district to opine on things--and hopefully weenie out at times with those of us living where no one lives.

Oh I get excited with the best of them... although I try to stay as objective as possible. I do have access to the ECMWF ensembles on weatherbell, so I'd be happy to pass along any information in text form about the ensemble distribution when it comes out... yesterday's 12z cycle had pretty much even chances of a big snowstorm (> 6") a moderate snowstorm (2-6") or little to nothing (< 2"). 

Lot fewer lows to the east too...there's like very few if any that look like the GGEM/NAM.  Pretty crazy switch.

Jeez I just saw ensembles 27-51...couple of those are over BTV.  A bunch over mainland New England.

Your post and Wills are in opposition. As much as I love you, I have to side with the sne wx focus.

Actually pretty simple to see when looping the individual ensembles...if this phases well those lows get ripped well inland.  Would be a problem even up here.  They just get like sucked west, almost like a 2010 type evolution.  The partial phase is what we want and keeps the storm near ACK or the Cape.

Archived