• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

Well Walt Drag Jr. has spoken..not sure if using the GFS/Sref's as basis is great..but he admits i's all low confidence

Benjamin Sipprell ‏@SipprellWx  14m

Seeing a spread among TV-mets, weather enthusiasts, & wish-casters. Went GFS / SREF. Find my thoughts here: https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201411232117-KBOX-FXUS61-AFDBOX 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats why I am not totally ready to throw in the towel yet. I mentioned early that the gfs has pretty much been as steady as the euro in terms of holding its solution. They are just worlds apart in what the final outcome is. The gfs hasn't flopped around....yet

So does this mean you have it in hand with your arm cocked?

Thats why I am not totally ready to throw in the towel yet. I mentioned early that the gfs has pretty much been as steady as the euro in terms of holding its solution. They are just worlds apart in what the final outcome is. The gfs hasn't flopped around....yet

Oh I certainly wouldn't throw in the towel...we've still got 3 solid days worth of model runs to go.  Its actually more rare to have models stay consistent for 72-90 hours.  Subtle shifts of features and its a different ball game.  Folks just live and die by the Euro, but really not much has changed since this morning except another EURO run didn't budge.  This tracks just inside the benchmark and everyone gets clobbered. 

Oh I certainly wouldn't throw in the towel...we've still got 3 solid days worth of model runs to go. Its actually more rare to have models stay consistent for 72-90 hours. Subtle shifts of features and its a different ball game. Folks just live and die by the Euro, but really not much has changed since this morning except another EURO run didn't budge. This tracks just inside the benchmark and everyone gets clobbered.

Yup. Admittedly, it is tough to go against the euro. It is really far west though. I mean it feels like four a couple runs now we are surprised it continued to tick west.

The sensible weather and travel impact differences between the models are astounding though

What I do when a new model comes out is create 2 tabs.  One for the previous one and then one for the one coming in.  As each time frame comes in I compare it with the previous run.  It kind of adds a degree of suspense.  After the run is through I come back to AMWX and read the remarks.  Its kind of eating a good dessert slowly.  I'm weird!  C ya in a bit....

Well Walt Drag Jr. has spoken..not sure if using the GFS/Sref's as basis is great..but he admits i's all low confidence

Benjamin Sipprell ‏@SipprellWx  14m

Seeing a spread among TV-mets, weather enthusiasts, & wish-casters. Went GFS / SREF. Find my thoughts here: https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201411232117-KBOX-FXUS61-AFDBOX 

That's a great AFD...great technical discussion.  I can see why you guys say Walt Drag Jr.

What I do when a new model comes out is create 2 tabs.  One for the previous one and then one for the one coming in.  As each time frame comes in I compare it with the previous run.  It kind of adds a degree of suspense.  After the run is through I come back to AMWX and read the remarks.  Its kind of eating a good dessert slowly.  I'm weird!  C ya in a bit....

Yup, Easiest waay to pick up changes, I also do that with the H5 maps

Archived