joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? It just made an 'enormous shift' west. It can only shift to the left?

Euro wasnt an enormous shift west, it was a modest westward shift...it was already pretty far west...it just seems like an enormous shift, because we were all kind of expecting it to come east, but it went a little further west. And a modest shift west from the previous solution has large implications on sensible wx.

So we talk about convective feedback all the time...is something funky happening with too much Gulf convection and latent heat release to have the model pump the ridge excessively?

I don't see that as a glaring issue. This is justt a more amped ridge out west leading to amplification out east. The error would be how the ridge is modeled and the downstream effects on the s/w interactions. Convective feedback is slowly becoming a weenie term with little relevance. 

I thought this didn't have a chance of coming west or cutting? What is happening?

Lol remember when this a cutter on Black Friday several days ago?!

My 80 km ECMWF at work shows 700 torching first, 850 hangs on just to your south. We know the drill on this type of evolution anyway. That amount of QPF wouldn't occur after the dry slot, so the significant mixed precip isn't too much of a worry after the thump.

Now northeast of you verbatim would taint pretty good.

Yeah there's mixing all the way to central Vermont for a time.

I don't see that as a glaring issue. This is justt a more amped ridge out west leading to amplification out east. The error would be how the ridge is modeled and the downstream effects on the s/w interactions. Convective feedback is slowly becoming a weenie term with little relevance. 

True. It's probably more frequent you see convective feedback drag a low center too far south or east (where the modeled instability would be).

Mets.. If the ens stay the same do we think the op is too amped? But if the mean shifts west, does that give the cutter idea more credence?

Yes...but I expect the ensembles to shift west. I still believe the OP is too amped, but I am definitely less confident in that idea after 3 consecutive runs pretty far west with this run being the most amped yet.

now that EVERY model trends west , slam that pig

These big stakes events make me squirm, I couldn't be a pro met lol. I'm better at if option A happens, this is how it affects the ski area. If option B happens this is what we are looking at.

84 hours out and the NAM is partly sunny in SNE, while the EURO drives a bomb into mainland New England.

Yeah it's one run when every other piece of guidance besides the UKMET is much further east. I mean every piece of guidance.

Even the Ukie is decently east of the Euro, but definitely the 2nd furthest west piece of guidance. I mean, at 96 hours, it has the low sitting over Eastport ME or even into Nova Scotia while the Euro is over PWM.

But you sitll have to weight the Euro pretty heavily, even if it an outlier.

Archived