Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

What I learned today in the SE forum :

1. Never question Larry's stats

2. Anyone not on board with a banner winter year is a troll and doesn't know what they are talking about.

3. Discussion that doesn't meet the above two statements should not be tolerated.

4. Brick is a better poster than me.

Did I miss anything?

Yep, you missed the point of all the posts. Long range forecasting is about looking at stats and past events to see the similarities and forming an outcome based on past history. Is this fallible? Sure.... but it is widely accepted in the scientific community as a vital part of forecasting. If you understand statistics, you should be able to understand what Larry is presenting. If there is an 80% chance of X happening, that still doesn't mean that it is a lock. It just means that you should be looking for better than average chances of it happening. As for the cold Nov stat...... it is just that...... a stat. Use it for what it is, a collection of historical events that can be a useful tool in forecasting future events.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is so sensitive lately.  We need a good LPS to pop out of the gulf with cold air locked in place and everyone will be fine.  

Also, why does everyone have to pick each detail apart?  Just read and enjoy.  Some VERY good posters have gotten shot at lately and I absolutely resent it.  If you have been on the board any time at all you know who they are.  Stop shooting at your own troops!  These guys get in the trenches and post great maps, links and stats.  It's priceless info... especially in the SE forum.

Now sit back, enjoy the board and take your finger off the trigger!  It's gonna be a good winter!   :snowing:

I don't care what people on a weather forum think about me. 

That said if you think politics and right and left didn't have something to do with yesterday you're fooling yourself.  I'm sure this will probably be one of ny last posts but again, I'm not going to censor myself anymore to appease the mods, even if it gets me banned.

Politics had nothing to do with it....sigh. I have no problem with questioning anything on this board, but what I didn't like was the way it was stated. It wasn't a discussion....ugh. Let's keep the politics out of the weather side please

This place will be better without you. Mods can't act soon enough. Good riddance. This isn't the place for that kind of idiocy

I disagree...I've been on the weather boards w/ Marietta for many years and he will be missed.  I met Marietta a couple of years ago at a get together and really enjoyed talking w/ him.  I'm not going to get in the argument part but did want to respond to this.

No, it's me.  I want to get banned. It can't happen soon enough.  I figured this was the best way to say how I really feel about a subforum overrun with right wing dolts who are anti-science and a reason our country is going down the tubes.  I guess seeing all of the glee at a bunch of racist wingers take over congress yesterday made me snap.  Oh well, this will always be a forum of righties because that's the nature of the South.

why on earth would you want to get banned?

Go outside and play :P

No, it's me.  I want to get banned. It can't happen soon enough.  I figured this was the best way to say how I really feel about a subforum overrun with right wing dolts who are anti-science and a reason our country is going down the tubes.  I guess seeing all of the glee at a bunch of racist wingers take over congress yesterday made me snap.  Oh well, this will always be a forum of righties because that's the nature of the South.

C'mon Marietta...Me and you both know it's going to take more than this to get banned.  All this does is piss some people off.

Hey man, honestly it sounds like you're just having a bad week, other issues are clouding your judgment on things.  Take a break and come back next week and get ready some sleet/rain mix next weekend!!

You've got a new fiancé (wife?), it's a great time of year and hopefully you have a loving family, good job and great friends. I would miss your observation reports and thoughts on the weather, but would not miss your confrontational posting behavior that has seemingly taken hold the past month or two. Have a beer, take a deep breath and relax.

Archived