• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

So the GFS and Parallel  the look nothing alike.  Are we just supposed to not watch the regular GFS anymore?  I know the parallel has increased resolution (13km if I am not mistaken) but it is totally different from the regular GFS.  High pressure is modeled at hr180 as 1043 mb on the parallel whereas the reg GFS has it at 1035mb.  This is good comedy imo.  Hopefully the parallel will increase the GFS's credibility.  Oh and congrats NC State fans you finally won something by bringing down UNC lol.  That has to be better then winning a NT.  I have been pulling for my current school Mississippi State more and more since UNC has such a black eye.  Oh and it doesn't hurt that we are #1 in the nation!!  HAIL STATE!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the GFS and Parallel  the look nothing alike.  Are we just supposed to not watch the regular GFS anymore?  I know the parallel has increased resolution (13km if I am not mistaken) but it is totally different from the regular GFS.  High pressure is modeled at hr180 as 1043 mb on the parallel whereas the reg GFS has it at 1035mb.  This is good comedy imo.  Hopefully the parallel will increase the GFS's credibility.  Oh and congrats NC State fans you finally won something by bringing down UNC lol.  That has to be better then winning a NT.  I have been pulling for my current school Mississippi State more and more since UNC has such a black eye.  Oh and it doesn't hurt that we are #1 in the nation!!  HAIL STATE!

Same thing could just as easily happen at any school with big time athletics. There is no way any of them are squeaky clean. 

I've been waiting for this to run its course but it seems to have a life of its own.  I suggest we drop it now, or I will be giving out more than advice.  This is the one sane forum of the ones I visit, and i will do what it takes to keep it that way.

Well apparently I didn't get everyone's attention so lets increase the incentive. We have a forum for politics, such as it is. Keep politics out of here. I am tired of spending my time hiding posts. Any further political posts will result in warnings. Funny thing about the forum software. It is actually quicker to delete members than a group of posts, and I don't like to waste time.

I also will not have much patience with those few that see someone struggling and decide to take an opportunity to tell them they are worthless and worse. It is equivalent to kicking someone when they are down. I never have been a fan of cheap shoting someone. Depending on the situation, you can expect warnings for that also going forward.

As for this discussion, specifically with Marietta, it stops now.

They still have some tough games left being in the SEC west though. Not sure they can come through those without a loss.

They still have some tough games left being in the SEC west though. Not sure they can come through those without a loss.

One game at a time man. Even with one loss, wins over Auburn, A&M, and LSU should put us in the final 4. We will beat Alabama or Ol Miss and those are our two toughest games down the stretch.

One game at a time man. Even with one loss, wins over Auburn, A&M, and LSU should put us in the final 4. We will beat Alabama or Ol Miss and those are our two toughest games down the stretch.

We have y'all at home...I smell a loss for Mississippi State.

They still can get in with 1 loss of course, but would be in trouble with 2. I'm going to say Bama beats them, but then State wins the Egg Bowl and the SEC Championship. Then they go to the final 4 with 1 loss.

Well apparently I didn't get everyone's attention so lets increase the incentive. We have a forum for politics, such as it is. Keep politics out of here. I am tired of spending my time hiding posts. Any further political posts will result in warnings. Funny thing about the forum software. It is actually quicker to delete members than a group of posts, and I don't like to waste time.

I also will not have much patience with those few that see someone struggling and decide to take an opportunity to tell them they are worthless and worse. It is equivalent to kicking someone when they are down. I never have been a fan of cheap shoting someone. Depending on the situation, you can expect warnings for that also going forward.

As for this discussion, specifically with Marietta, it stops now.

WTH is goin' on? :(

Definitely should...I'll be at the game so I'll be devastated with anything other than a win. :D

As a Mizzou fan, I was actually wishing for your win over Auburn during Iron Bowl because we knew we wouldn't stop Auburn's run. Mizzou lost SEC title when Davis returned that ball.

It'll be interesting to see if Mizzou can hold on to their fluke SEC East lead and see who we get in Atlanta again :)

EDIT: Well, long-range updated GFS got interesting for those in Central NC I guess...

As a Mizzou fan, I was actually wishing for your win over Auburn during Iron Bowl because we knew we wouldn't stop Auburn's run. Mizzou lost SEC title when Davis returned that ball.

It'll be interesting to see if Mizzou can hold on to their fluke SEC East lead and see who we get in Atlanta again :)

EDIT: Well, long-range updated GFS got interesting for those in Central NC I guess...

Don't even remind me of the Iron Bowl.   :axe:   I still toss and turn at night.  It definitely was a scene in Jordan hare stadium...the crowd erupting as Chris Davis rounded the edge and then rushing the field.  Must've felt amazing as an Auburn fan...the ride back to Tuscaloosa that night was miserable.  

Don't even remind me of the Iron Bowl. :axe: I still toss and turn at night. It definitely was a scene in Jordan hare stadium...the crowd erupting as Chris Davis rounded the edge and then rushing the field. Must've felt amazing as an Auburn fan...the ride back to Tuscaloosa that night was miserable.

Speaking of C Davis I still enjoy watching KB post him up in the endzone for the title. We miss Benjamin!

Archived