joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro run didnt look all that impressive to me, with regards to the cold.

I'm out.

I dread what this forum is going to look like come early March after a warm, snowless winter amid all the hype.  We'll be pinning our hopes on the pattern change the GFS and Euro are advertising near the end of their runs in mid-March, and that blockbuster snowstorm the GFS has pegged at hr 348 for March 24th.  Throats will be slashed.

(I'm kidding)

That is a nice looking storm - too bad it is not closer in range - I have a better feeling this year for the southeast in general as opposed to years past I think we will all get our snow fix by March 2015

It is November 9th people.. November 9th

Yes. It's not like it's January. What are you expecting for November 9th? Blockbuster snowstorms and below zero temps in the SE? I see nothing to worry about currently especially with the way things are lining up for this winter. Even in the coldest/snowiest winters, you can have above normal temperatures.

Arctic bomb cyclone?????? WTF someone please tell non weather geeks to refrain from trying to use our terms, its like when a person who never curses tries too come out with some crazy combo of curse words.

Yep.  Lets start an original list.  Everyone add one for starters.  Be creative.

1. Hoar Frost Holocaust 

This hangover is real.  I think I might have attacked someone on the forum last night, I forget.  Let me check, haha.

Edit, ah yes.  I have removed that part of my post from last night over in the fall discussion.  sorry mr burns.

OK, now let me see if I can "unsee" it. Nope.

Yea, I have a fantasy shovel ordered, Amazon had them on sale.

If we don't get something good in this pattern then I just don't know :unsure:

Haha! I could definitely see the very western sections, higher elevation and parts of the MA pick up a little something. For most, even with such an anomalous patter, I don't expect much in the way of frozen. It's hard enough to line up the stars in the best climo time, much less in mid-November, where even more things can mess it up. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Haha! I could definitely see the very western sections, higher elevation and parts of the MA pick up a little something. For most, even with such an anomalous patter, I don't expect much in the way of frozen. It's hard enough to line up the stars in the best climo time, much less in mid-November, where even more things can mess it up. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Hey I'm good right now, I got thanksgiving shopping and our get together Saturday. Unlike some people on here I enjoy cold and dry, helps my breathing. If I need snow right now I'm only about 90 miles from Mt. Mitchell :)

Ahhh GSP, don't tease me, for MBY

• Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Archived