Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

are you in the panhandle?

No - north central Florida, about an hour and 15 minutes from the state line - roughly east and a tad south of the Tallahassee/Jacksonville line, (30 miles from Lake City on I-75) in what is typically a pretty cold location all things being considered. For example - if it's 35 in Jax, we're usually 25; we even have one part of the county that has flora not found until you get into NC.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other board?

The megaweenie one where wxeastern lives  :baby:

I don't know if it's just me, I don't think it's right to be posting a link to another weather forum.  

indeed....among other things that are not right   <_<

There's other weather boards? Do they generate the needed droughtbusting rain?

Yes there are and I'm sure they do     :lol:   

Now that someone posted a link to talkweather.com on the other forum, I have a feeling more will be coming over.  I just hope any new members from that site leave the sarcasm and vitrol over there.

as long as the stupidity stays there  

The other board does have a lot of great posters and mets with a lot of knowledge. The problem is a couple of folks are always negative and pessimistic,  and I think that is running folks off.

please tell us more 

I'm afraid to even post a word in forums outside of the SE side.  I'd probably get my head torn off.

I still read & post there a good bit because there is absolutely nobody trying to let people around the KCAE area know what's happening.  Most the talk is for NC/GSP/ATL.  Then over here, most is Alabama, but the other states are getting worked in slowly.

give me a break shawn 

The SE forum over there should just be named the Carolinas because anything outside of that they just don't care.  

For example back during the mid October severe outbreak, they were whining about the event being a total bust because it largely avoided the Carolinas.  It's was pathetic because it was actually one of the more impressive October events we've had in a while.

then why are you posting here? 

No I didnt . I've learned a lot from some awesome people over there but that board is too much like middle school. People don't want to help people learn they just make fun of them or run the off. Over here people will respond when questions are asked and try and help people learn

so I guess everything I just quoted isn't anything like middle school huh? 

Storm5,
Lol. Nice analogy. It has been quite interesting so far. So, did you ever post much there? I can hardly recall any N AL posts there outside of Brent (NE AL), who I haven't seen there in a good while. Then again, I may be forgetting some people.

1. Thanks, gawxnative and ugaweatherguy08, for the fellow Georgia welcome. It will be a challenge to meet or beat last winter's CAD season imo only because it was so outstanding and far reaching (all of the way to CHS and SAV)! However, we'll at least have a shot at it, which is good enough for me. i'm quite excited about cold and wintry precip, potential for the SE in general.

2. Hey Shawn (Starburst)!  Thanks for your welcome to newbies. I have a feeling we'll be analyzing the Euro ensemble members quite a bit this winter. I just wish they'd stop counting all wintry precip. as snow.

They never talk about severe weather much. I could say the same for here except for Alabama. If you want more people there posting about other states beside NC the only real solution is to have more posters that actually post from other states. They have a lot more from SC and GA that post there during winter. Snow threats just seem to bring more people out to post. But unfortunately the only way to have more talk about other states is to have more people from those states posting.

sigh.....

Storm5,
That's good to know. Here's my take on mainly the SE forum there fwiw. It is similar to what Brick said. (Brick has been making some great posts on this subject recently that have earned him kudos from several posters). A large % there have been really awesome...helpful and friendly, including most of the pro mets who post there. These posters generally don't look down on others. I've had lots of quality discussions with those folks, including recently, in the SE forum as well as at the main forum (ENSO/Oct. Eurasian snowcover, etc). Of course, some of those same people are here as we see. However, there are exceptions there who tend to have an arrogant/pompous tone in a large % of their posts. Unfortunately, these people will sometimes dominate or at least disrupt a discussion. That's when it becomes like middle school and intimidating to some. Based on what you're saying, those incidents are few and far between here.

good luck with that ;) 

Sup Disc.

sup andyhb

or throw a tantrum like a small child.

THIS was the only intelligent thing in the thread

Figured I would check it out over here too.  The vibe on the other board is pretty off-putting lately, and the mods are pretty terrible at handling it.  I enjoyed GaWx's stats and analysis, glad to come over here and keep following along

PLEASE stay there

Well, well, looks like the level-headed guys are over here....... What the heck..... I'm in.

lol

please tell us more

give me a break shawn

sigh.....

good luck with that ;)

sup andyhb

PLEASE stay there

lol

Ah...even the mods here act childish. Going to another forum, reading a thread, and then responding with lame one liners instead of something constructive. Well, you ask why I'm posting here? It'll be my last time on this subforum. Glad it's not just me. Many good people have left...and it's crystal clear now.

Ah...even the mods here act childish. Going to another forum, reading a thread, and then responding with lame one liners instead of something constructive. Well, you ask why I'm posting here? It'll be my last time on this subforum. Glad it's not just me. Many good people have left...and it's crystal clear now.

I would rather respond here in front of everyone instead of talking behind someone's back and you still didn't answer my question

and btw....I have been a member there since '05

Uh, BANTER THREAD!  Pretty sure a lot of great people are still here and aren't gonna leave because of this. Just say'n.

If you want to see some snow. Go to the Great Lakes forum. There is a guy called weatherbo who lives in the Huron mountains near Marquette and he is getting one heck of a snow storm. He posted several pics. Probably has over 2 feet know.

Just went over there and that is some very impressive snow for mid-November. He has snow half way up his sliding door and what he claimed to be 50" drifts on the deck. I'll help him shovel if I can come stay.

I would rather respond here in front of everyone instead of talking behind someone's back and you still didn't answer my question

and btw....I have been a member there since '05

HAHA...you think I need to answer to a Internet mod? I've clearly stated my opinion back in the October banter regarding this forum being named the Carolinas. I'm sure other people agree...the folks on this subforum are rather snippy at times. Sorry if it offends you, but it's my opinion. You glad I addressed it to the public now?

Goodbye.

HAHA...you think I need to answer to a Internet mod? I've clearly stated my opinion back in the October banter regarding this forum being named the Carolinas. I'm sure other people agree...the folks on this subforum are rather snippy at times. Sorry if it offends you, but it's my opinion. You glad I addressed it to the public now?

Goodbye.

It's about time. See ya.

That's the thing about opinions....they are like azzholes.....everyone has one....and since you refuse to answer my question, it would seem you not posting here under good faith. That won't work well for you ;) 

It's a bummer, seems that we lost a lot of good posters, especially GaWx. I don't blame him, he was attacked last week, a poster was trying to antagonize him. Now Kory is leaving too. Hopefully they come back the first big winter storm.

The mods got a tough job, I don't envy them.

It's a bummer, seems that we lost a lot of good posters, especially GaWx. I don't blame him, he was attacked last week, a poster was trying to antagonize him. Now Kory is leaving too. Hopefully they come back the first big winter storm.

define a lot.....gawx? Brick? Kory? 

First....Larry got his feelings hurt and is acting like a child because of it. He got a warning for continuing the argument after an apology. So he got pissed and left. Really?! Over a warning? Because everyone was warned several times to stop. So because he wasn't shown favoritism he left. So be it.

Second....Brick....well...he can copy and paste there if he wants. Hopefully he'll follow wxeastern around now

Third....Kory will just end up once again changing his name only to talk smack and have it bite him in the azz once again. 

Forth...are you talking about Shawn whining that NOBODY here discusses CAE?! Really?! Ugh.....

Replying and quoting threads from another forum is dumb, I mean how old are we.  The link to the other forum should have never been posted in first place, but people playing into that fodder is pretty childish IMO.   So carry on..............

So I should have replied just over there? Why? I'd rather have home field advantage  

please tell us more 

give me a break shawn 

sigh.....

good luck with that ;)

sup andyhb

PLEASE stay there

lol

Why you would quote posts from another forum and post responses here is childish, really?

Ok Lets clear the air about what happened. When the argument first blew up I made a post that made it clear that the bickering needed to stop and that if it did not I would be warning people going forward. I did not warn anyone at that time because I was hoping, based on past experience in this group, that that would be the end of it. Unfortunately it was not, and as I stated I gave out a couple of warnings. Unfortunately, a warning was enough to send a few running to another forum.

Since a single warning point carries no penalty of any kind, that response only makes sense under one scenario. Some were looking for an excuse to go and I gave them one. No one was asked to leave. No one was encouraged to leave. It was totally their decision. I respect the decisions, and since I have no power over what anyone chooses to do have no choice but to accept them. That should be the end of it. They are welcome to come back any time they choose to do so. Bickering over it in here will serve no purpose but to make things worse. I suggest we get back to banter and weather and allow things to settle down.

Wow, this November has been a mess in the SE forum so far.

Anyway, when is it going to ever rain again? Been over 30 days now.

Lol someone misses me on the other board.

"I miss our south GA friend! I know he used to post here, but he hasn't been on either very often. He's probly busy with the canceling of Honey boo boo and all! :) "

Archived