• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November Banter

jburns

I wouldn't be so sure.  I'm afraid we might be glancing at the GFS once daily just to see if there's any hope of a pattern change.  Instead, all we'll see is endless SE ridge, nonstop highs in the 60s/70s with the occasional scattered thunderstorm, and endless cutters through southern Quebec.  Maybe the GFS will throw us a few bones at D16, but the can will continue to be kicked down the road until it's April and it's too late.

(heh)

ok, now I'm gonna have nightmares till it does snow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hush your mouth! ;-)

I wouldn't be so sure.  I'm afraid we might be glancing at the GFS once daily just to see if there's any hope of a pattern change.  Instead, all we'll see is endless SE ridge, nonstop highs in the 60s/70s with the occasional scattered thunderstorm, and endless cutters through southern Quebec.  Maybe the GFS will throw us a few bones at D16, but the can will continue to be kicked down the road until it's April and it's too late.

(heh)

(heh)

62125-Michael-Scott-NO-GOD-PLEASE-NO-jRC

Yeah, I don't usually comment about what is/isn't tolerated, but come on. Neither Pack nor I said anything negative or disparaging and were just playing around. Not sure what's happening anymore.

i also try to stay out of things, but at this point its getting so out of hand that i have to just say something. there were like almost no posts all evening in any of the threads. its like people are "scared" or afraid to post anything.   i dont know what was deleted, but what i read a few minutes ago was joking and playing around like the se peeps have always been known to do.  nothing bad at all, and the banter thread has traditionally been pretty wide open and rarely anything deleted.

at this point, my concern is that if this keeps up we are going to lose virtually all of the long-time standing and posting members, who many times make comments i jest.  i dont know whats going on or why this change, but it could end up backfiring and causing the se thread to disintegrate :(

i also try to stay out of things, but at this point its getting so out of hand that i have to just say something. there were like almost no posts all evening in any of the threads. its like people are "scared" or afraid to post anything.   i dont know what was deleted, but what i read a few minutes ago was joking and playing around like the se peeps have always been known to do.  nothing bad at all, and the banter thread has traditionally been pretty wide open and rarely anything deleted.

at this point, my concern is that if this keeps up we are going to lose virtually all of the long-time standing and posting members, who many times make comments i jest.  i dont know whats going on or why this change, but it could end up backfiring and causing the se thread to disintegrate :(

And, sadly, I am only partially joking...

post-2311-0-44388800-1415890636_thumb.pn

I guess my question for future reference is:  Is there a rule at AmWx that stipulates that you can't discuss, joke, reference, insinuate, or describe another weather forum?

I'm fine obeying whatever posting rules there are.  But if there's no rule about that, then at least share the rationale behind removing posts, so we can better understand what is not appreciated and avoid it the next time.

+1 on your comments. I am confused about the animosity towards the talkweather forums.  In the past we have talked about this and countless other weather-related websites.  I looked up the posting rules and guidelines and found nothing against posting links to these type of weather websites.  I don't know what's going on.  There may be more to it than what we have observed, but it is a little disheartening. 

And, sadly, I am only partially joking...

I can understand and fully support not letting the weather side disintegrate into bickering and behavior that would cause others to feel bad and not want to post anymore.  But it feels like the pendulum has swung too far in one direction.

+1

I don't post much, mostly because I don't have a ton to say of value as there are many more of you out there that can post better information than what I would. I've been around for what I consider a long time and check in many times a day to lurk around and read. I agree completely with NeGa. Over the last year or two the SE forum has spiraled way out of control. It ranges from some very good posters being belittled to the point of posting less frequently to anyone with a limited knowledge posting comments being ridiculed if their opinion is in anyway contrary to the overall opinion of the group.

There are a ton of very VERY good posters on here, we all should take a few deep breaths and remember we come here because we enjoy weather and just because you may have a different opinion of what is or isn't going to happen you shouldn't be laughed out of the room.... (assuming you can give a valid reason for your opinion)

what freakin posts are you all discussing? I do not see anything that has been removed   :angry:  

EDIT: Holy sheetz people.........I've seriously had enough. I'm done. 

Do you see them yet?  I have a cached image on my phone, but I can't post it to show you. :(

And, what do you mean by done?

Basically, Pack referenced my screen name on the other site and I kidded him about his screen name here.  That was it.  Those posts are gone.  Somebody removed them and we were just wondering why and trying to understand if there is a rule that we broke or something.  That's all.  Not trying to upset you.

Here is everything from this morning up until the top of this page........the last thing deleted was from yesterday at lunch and I'm not reposting it 

CR - you traitor!   :bag:

Or is it RC, which one is it!

Hush your mouth! ;-)

I have no idea what you're talking about. :whistle:

Incidentally, I though I saw someone posting by the name of Backpacker. I think they were into traveling or hiking or something...

LOL! I haven't posted there yet, everyone will come back here the first legit threat.

62125-Michael-Scott-NO-GOD-PLEASE-NO-jRC

and with that......i'm outta here 

Why in the world are we deleting banter threads? Are we trying to run people off. Other regional forums are a lot more fun, we can't joke or anything here.

Didn't you hear pack? We are in THE BEST WINTER EVER SUPER STORM MODE!!!!!

That means there will be no banter tolerated...even in the banter thread!   :santa:

Yeah, I don't usually comment about what is/isn't tolerated, but come on. Neither Pack nor I said anything negative or disparaging and were just playing around. Not sure what's happening anymore.

+1

I don't post much, mostly because I don't have a ton to say of value as there are many more of you out there that can post better information than what I would. I've been around for what I consider a long time and check in many times a day to lurk around and read. I agree completely with NeGa. Over the last year or two the SE forum has spiraled way out of control. It ranges from some very good posters being belittled to the point of posting less frequently to anyone with a limited knowledge posting comments being ridiculed if their opinion is in anyway contrary to the overall opinion of the group.

There are a ton of very VERY good posters on here, we all should take a few deep breaths and remember we come here because we enjoy weather and just because you may have a different opinion of what is or isn't going to happen you shouldn't be laughed out of the room.... (assuming you can give a valid reason for your opinion)

100% agree good sir. I would add something, but you hit the nail on the head many times.

I have turned into more of a lurker over the last two seasons after being around and friends with the original crew since WWBB days. Just not a fan of debating I guess.

Either way, the sun will go down today and come up tomorrow.

I don't see anything, there is no conspiracy, I've done my best to keep everything in the open and not go behind anyone's back. Obviously it's just not enough  

Buckeye, I think you rock...all you mods have tough jobs.  Things got out of hand last week, I know you guys are trying to keep it tight now but hopefully you guys start to loosen up now. Let the playful banter between us go on in the banter thread, it's going to be really boring weather wise the next 4+ weeks.  You see someone attacking someone, or saying something inappropriate you guys should drop the hammer, no doubt. 

Oh yeah, who cares if people reference other sites, when the first legit threat comes they will come back, they always do.

in other news.... it's pretty cool to see the cold air bleed around the Apps today. You can see CLT is "warm" but points north, south, west, and to some extent southeast are colder. Cold shallow air always frustrates sometimes being so shallow and having a hard time getting over the mountains

in other news.... it's pretty cool to see the cold air bleed around the Apps today. You can see CLT is "warm" but points north, south, west, and to some extent southeast are colder. Cold shallow air always frustrates sometimes being so shallow and having a hard time getting over the mountains

Amos83, you need to calm down, that weather post is not wanted, lol. I havent been on the boards in over a year and not a single thing has changed. Good luck to all moderators and keep sane! 

Got the snow guns out yet?

We do, ready for Friday night and hoping for nothing more than a 5mph wind so we can get a nice spread. Anything higher than 5mph simply becomes a tighter line and means a few more hours to get the same spread when there is little to no wind. 

Might do some "Snowgating" at Western Saturday morning, making snow while drinking beers on campus, not a bad Saturday. 

Archived