joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James, I don't know what Gordon's deal is on restarts. He's better this year than last, though.

I would like to see only race winners allowed to make the final round or last couple of rounds of the chase. In some ways, I hope Newman wins, because if he does, I will almost guarantee that will happen.

Gordon is out by one point, but it is what it is under the new system. Larson never should have been caught by Newman. Gordon probably shouldn't have come down in front of Keselowski in the previous race. Gordon's crew should have been more decisive in that race also. It would have allowed him to remain only one lap down with the opportunity to pass another car or two. But instead, they couldn't get it together and he went two laps down.

It is what it is.

No, he shouldn't be in the championship. See bolded above.

I didn't mean that NASCAR should let him or that is it NASCAR's fault. I guess I'm just butthurt that he didn't get in. Lol this was his best chance in a long time to get number 5. Just all the things that were happening to him at the end was hard to swallow.

I know what your saying though. If if and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. :)

James, I don't know what Gordon's deal is on restarts. He's better this year than last, though.

I would like to see only race winners allowed to make the final round or last couple of rounds of the chase. In some ways, I hope Newman wins, because if he does, I will almost guarantee that will happen.

Gordon is out by one point, but it is what it is under the new system. Larson never should have been caught by Newman. Gordon probably shouldn't have come down in front of Keselowski in the previous race. Gordon's crew should have been more decisive in that race also. It would have allowed him to remain only one lap down with the opportunity to pass another car or two. But instead, they couldn't get it together and he went two laps down.

It is what it is.

This is Gordon's best year in awhile for restarts. The one at Indy and Michigan were great restarts with 17 to go. I just think he isn't as aggressive enough on restarts like drivers such as Kurt or Kyle Busch. It is like he doesn't trust to car to stick in the corner. But he always is better on the long run than the short run.

That has to hurt for him knowing that all the hard work for 35 weeks and all the time and commitment and he only missed it by a fraction. There were just so many circumstances that went against him like you said. If Junior hadn't of beat him at Mville, if the caution wouldn't of come out with him leading at 4 to go in Texas. If he would of taken the inside lane instead of the outside on the last restart. Then if the whole Keselowski thing hadn't of happened. Then with Newman at Phoenix. There was just a lot of things that could of went differently. That's life I guess.

Anyways it should be a fun race today with many what if scenarios. I just hope they keep it clean. Wouldn't it be something if Jeff won today!?

I didn't mean that NASCAR should let him or that is it NASCAR's fault. I guess I'm just butthurt that he didn't get in. Lol this was his best chance in a long time to get number 5. Just all the things that were happening to him at the end was hard to swallow.

I know what your saying though. If if and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. :)

This is Gordon's best year in awhile for restarts. The one at Indy and Michigan were great restarts with 17 to go. I just think he isn't as aggressive enough on restarts like drivers such as Kurt or Kyle Busch. It is like he doesn't trust to car to stick in the corner. But he always is better on the long run than the short run.

That has to hurt for him knowing that all the hard work for 35 weeks and all the time and commitment and he only missed it by a fraction. There were just so many circumstances that went against him like you said. If Junior hadn't of beat him at Mville, if the caution wouldn't of come out with him leading at 4 to go in Texas. If he would of taken the inside lane instead of the outside on the last restart. Then if the whole Keselowski thing hadn't of happened. Then with Newman at Phoenix. There was just a lot of things that could of went differently. That's life I guess.

Anyways it should be a fun race today with many what if scenarios. I just hope they keep it clean. Wouldn't it be something if Jeff won today!?

Yeah all good points. This is his best year in forever. I guess that's the price you pay for this format. You can literally be the best all year and have one tire blow out in one race of a three race chase round segment and finish second in the other two and still not be part of the championship mix.

He's got the pole for the race and it's a good track for him. Should be fun!

What does this mean???

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

I was copy/pasting from NWS Raleigh's Facebook post just now...

png file?

In any case, the solution is to open the file and do a, save as. Change the extension to jpg before you save.

Right, four wins this year must be a has-been. Most points scored this year, too, IIRC. Too bad he threw away a good chance at a victory with pitting strategy tonight.

He would have been overtaken by Harvick and Newman at the end, but he would have still probably finished top 5. Why in the world did he pit?

Oh and Newman has no problem dive bombing Larsen, but didn't do it to Harvick.

Haha, yeah, I was rooting for the drama if he did that. :D  I have no problem with Harvick winning, though.

He would have been overtaken by Harvick and Newman at the end, but he would have still probably finished top 5. Why in the world did he pit?

I wish he'd have pitted when almost everyone else did.  In any case, if that caution doesn't come out with less than 10 to go, he probably wins as he was ready to pass Hamlin, but it is what it is.  I'm not sure why he pitted on the next-to-last caution.

Haha, yeah, I was rooting for the drama if he did that. :D I have no problem with Harvick winning, though.

I wish he'd have pitted when almost everyone else did. In any case, if that caution doesn't come out with less than 10 to go, he probably wins as he was ready to pass Hamlin, but it is what it is. I'm not sure why he pitted on the next-to-last caution.

Yeah, I think Harvick deserved to win the championship. He's been super fast all year. I was hoping for some drama too...banging, wrecking, etc. Too many cautions today. Gordon probably should have pitted with everyone else like you said. Anyway, congrats to the 4.

LOL, okay. Get back to your...bowling? programing on ESPN on Sundays!

Curling, golf , softball, rugby, surfing, womens golf, senior golf, hunting , fishing, la crosse , bowling, especially when they have the lanes outside, the hot dog eating contest, the cup stacking championships, the list is endless. I would rather sit and stare at the tv screen while its off, than to have to watch NASCAR , or any racing

Curling, golf , softball, rugby, surfing, womens golf, senior golf, hunting , fishing, la crosse , bowling, especially when they have the lanes outside, the hot dog eating contest, the cup stacking championships, the list is endless. I would rather sit and stare at the tv screen while its off, than to have to watch NASCAR , or any racing

It's got to be rough during the summer!  NASCAR, Formula 1, Indy, Sportscar races, etc. are all on on some Sundays!

Archived