joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, yeah, I was rooting for the drama if he did that. :D I have no problem with Harvick winning, though.

I wish he'd have pitted when almost everyone else did. In any case, if that caution doesn't come out with less than 10 to go, he probably wins as he was ready to pass Hamlin, but it is what it is. I'm not sure why he pitted on the next-to-last caution.

It was Gordon's call to pit at the last stop. He didn't think he could hold off those with fresher (4) tires. Really cost him and Hamlin the race by not pitting on the next to last stop. Gutsy call by Rodney Childers to give Harvick 4 tires. It was a championship winning move. The pit crews and pit strategy played the biggest role in the race. It cost Hamlin and Logano the race and put Harvick in the lead.

I'd say the new Chase format was a success and Brain France has to be very happy. All of the races were very exciting. I went to Talladega for the first time this year and it was amazing. Can't wait until February to start it all over again at Daytona.

U verse is not available here yet. Still getting bent over by TWC...although you can negotiate a sweet monthly rate with them, if you want to stay on the phone for about an hour.

I reccomend it. Did some reasearch and couldn't pass up the deal. No contracts and pricing good for two years. When I called to cancel direct, they asked who I switched to and I told them, and of course they said they have had alot of people come back from uverse to direct again. Based on my first two weeks , that won't be happening!

I reccomend it. Did some reasearch and couldn't pass up the deal. No contracts and pricing good for two years. When I called to cancel direct, they asked who I switched to and I told them, and of course they said they have had alot of people come back from uverse to direct again. Based on my first two weeks , that won't be happening!

Yeah, that's standard customer retention speak, about people eventually leaving the provider your switching to. My dad has it and he likes it. He worked for Bellsouth/AT&T for decades and is now retired. He gets a pretty good deal!

Yup! And I've been dealing with tornado warnings for areas just south of Columbus. Can't wait to go look at some of the storm damage with temperatures free falling into the 40s... :/ 

Yeah, saw the warnings for those earlier. I always pay attention to what's going on in Columbus as these type of systems generally train up straight to our area.

Final squall passing through here now.  A little less robust than when they passed through Columbus, I guess.

64 here at Tobesofkee.

Yeah, saw the warnings for those earlier. I always pay attention to what's going on in Columbus as these type of systems generally train up straight to our area.

Final squall passing through here now.  A little less robust than when they passed through Columbus, I guess.

64 here at Tobesofkee.

Spoke too soon.

NWS just posted Tornado Warning for storm 2 mi from downtown Macon.

I will be sad to see the cold weather leave. This coming weekend is going to be brutal, with forecast low temps Sunday night over 20 degrees above normal ! We go from having lows in the teens to having lows near 60 ! That's what sucks about living in the south. The cold never lasts long.

You mean the one day warmup ahead of the next front? Come on.

Clearly. You don't see these forecast temps for tomorrow. It's hard to get highs in the 40s in January, and yet it may happen tomorrow in November. Crazy. Also forecast low of 24 which will be a record low.

lol 40's for January here is our average, it will be in the 20's for highs here. It's still fall and not yet winter.

Archived