joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess Jeff needed to pull a Newman and wreck Harvick on one of those restarts for the win.

Newman doesn't deserve to be in the championship race. He has no wins and had to wreck someone to even get in the race. I guess next year they will just have more drivers wrecking others to keep advancing. I like the emphasis on winning. I think they should just go all year until the last race, and then the four drivers with the most wins can race for the championship at the last race. 

Must GSP put all this in the forecasts... it gets the weenies going. I'd really go with all rain until Wednesday or Thursday to see what these models settle or don't settle on.

• Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

EDIT: Just thinking we haven't had a pattern like this (This early) since ~ 2002 and we know all about that December. Let's knock the power out with a major ice event the week before Thanksgiving and watch them scramble to get it back on for everyone before Turkey day :P

Guess Jeff needed to pull a Newman and wreck Harvick on one of those restarts for the win.

I know, right.  I'm still not sure how Newman caught Larson.  Larson was 3 or so car lengths ahead of him with about 1/2 lap to go.  How did he catch him when he was on older tires than Larson?  Anyway, what a crock.

Newman doesn't deserve to be in the championship race. He has no wins and had to wreck someone to even get in the race. I guess next year they will just have more drivers wrecking others to keep advancing. I like the emphasis on winning. I think they should just go all year until the last race, and then the four drivers with the most wins can race for the championship at the last race. 

I agree.  Newman sucks.  What a disaster it will be if he wins.  I'm pretty confident it'll be Harvick or Logano, though.  Newman will finish 4th of the final 4.  The crappy thing is that Gordon, for instance, finished 2nd place in 2 of the 3 races in the last round.  He was unlucky that his tire blew out when he and Keselowski made contact.  Just a little bit of unluckiness at the wrong time keeps you from being able to compete in the championship, even though you've been one of the best, most consistent drivers the whole season.  Keselowski is in the same boat.  I don't like him and am glad he's out.  But he deserves to be in, based on his body of work over the course of the season.  He just got unlucky at the wrong time.  Now you have Newman and Hamlin in.  I like Hamlin, but he hasn't had nearly as good a year as some of the others that aren't in.  Not nearly as good.

I couldn't figure out where to post this on the main page, so...

Apparently there's some sort of severe storm system that has caused a lot of flooding and water rescues over in Italy.

I follow MeteoWeb on Facebook and their page has been lit  up today with photos, and things like this:

+++ ALLERTA METEO, DOMANI FORTE MALTEMPO IN GRAN PARTE D'ITALIA E SOPRATTUTTO TRA LIGURIA E TOSCANA: IL BOLLETTINO DELLA PROTEZIONE CIVILE +++

Segui MeteoWeb
+++ WEATHER ALERT, Tomorrow STRONG BAD WEATHER IN MUCH Of Italy And ESPECIALLY Between LIGURIA And TUSCANY: CIVIL DEFENSE BULLETIN +++ Follow MeteoWeb (Y) (Translated by Bing)

(unable to post the image that goes with the warning)

To each their own. Personally is rather undergo Chinese water torture for 12 hours than watch a NASCAR race from start to finish.

Different strokes for different folks.  I don't know how folks watch golf on TV, but they do.  I also find baseball pretty boring.  Basketball, football, and racing are fun, though.  I've gotten more into soccer/football in recent years, too.

I bet jshetley doesn't get one drop of rain all summer long with this super Nina that we're in. That's really gonna suck!

The dude is the rainfall version of Wildre.  Pretty entertaining.  I remember when he loudly proclaimed that no one east of the mountains would get snowfall last season.  I guess GSO's 16" was mythical.  :whistle:

Archived