Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad it's staying offshore...

Buoy data indicate thatwater temperatures are slightly cooler than what the SHIPS model isindicating, probably due to cold upwelling created by the wake offormer Hurricane Fay, but they are still sufficiently warm enough tosupport a category 4 hurricane. The best vertical shear conditionsand upper-level outflow regime are expected to occur on Wednesdayand into Thursday morning, and that is when Gonzalo is expected tostrengthen into a category 4 hurricane.  Afterwards, eyewall cyclesand possible cold upwelling beneath the hurricane are likely tocause some fluctuations in the intensity.

Why does it matter what I do?

I just think the more posters the better the board is. There are certainly some posters that are missed.

I'll humor you even though CR already explained it. 

I work in marketing. I work every day 8 hours a day doing something marketing related. Since I do that I don't want to go to a marketing forum talking about marketing taking up another hour or two out of my day. Just like you probably don't hang around on a forum that is related to work. Now multiply the annoyance by ten when you constantly have others asking about how to properly do a job when they can easily just learn it on their own. Now you understand why many professionals don't post on here unless there is something major going on. 

3) I think that forecasting winter storms is more interesting for most here.

Good post, though I think you really hit the nail on the head here, at least for me.  I will usually follow threads and sometimes post during a severe weather outbreak in the area, but I really don't have nearly as an exciting time posting prior to the storm.  Looking at model forecasted CAPE values and such just isn't as exciting as looking at the 12z Euro clown map which just gave you 8" of virtual snow.

Boom.. I agree 100%.

I work in marketing. I work every day 8 hours a day doing something marketing related. Since I do that I don't want to go to a marketing forum talking about marketing taking up another hour or two out of my day. Just like you probably don't hang around on a forum that is related to work. Now multiply the annoyance by ten when you constantly have others asking about how to properly do a job when they can easily just learn it on their own. Now you understand why many professionals don't post on here unless there is something major going on. 

Also, I must have missed the peanut avatar mixup.. Awesome job folks

CR,

What happened to my boy Chuck? I don't even recognize him any more. :( I hope I'm not going to suffer the same fate! I'm still extremely content, which is GaWx's kind of gal!

I'm afraid he was assimilated. He is now Chucutis of Borg. Keep him away from Peppermint Patty, as he will attempt to add her biological and technological distinctiveness to his own.

Sounds like winter is over.  Maybe we should shut this board down until November 2015 because this winter is a sinking ship.  First, the Accuweather paints us in green for rain this winter and then the JMA gives us warmth.  We'll be lucky if any of us outside of the higher elevations see anything more than a sleet pellet or two by March...  :axe:

;)

Sounds like winter is over. Maybe we should shut this board down until November 2015 because this winter is a sinking ship. First, the Accuweather paints us in green for rain this winter and then the JMA gives us warmth. We'll be lucky if any of us outside of the higher elevations see anything more than a sleet pellet or two by March... :axe:

;)

Don't forget the old farmers almanac! It had rain down the spine of the apps and snow on either side ! Winter cancel! :)

I'm not one to talk, but I think you win the prize for the longest signature, James.  It takes a whole 0.25 second to scroll past your sig.  :whistle:   :P

I think there's some in the Mid-Atlantic that have longer than myself, but you have a point.  Don't worry, it will be eliminated soon in favor of next winter's count.  Hopefully, my signature is even longer next season because it will mean a lot of wintry weather.  :snowing:

I think there's some in the Mid-Atlantic that have longer than myself, but you have a point. Don't worry, it will be eliminated soon in favor of next winter's count. Hopefully, my signature is even longer next season because it will mean a lot of wintry weather. :snowing:

Looks like you had a great winter last year. 14 inches of snow and decent ice.

I dabble around in internet marketing/advertising.  Is that what you do also?  Or physical/media/print?

Archived