• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

I have a windows based laptop. It is all screens that are enlarged. On the web and the windows are also enlarged.

It's been a long time since i used a Windows machine but go into preferences and check your desktop settings.  It's possible the resolution got changed somehow.  It gives you a way to try different ones to see what works.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right click on the Desktop. If

Win7 - choose Resolution.

WinXP, "Properties", "Display Properties", "Settings"

Win8 (eaier to copy and paste this one...) - Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

Right click on the Desktop. If

Win7 - choose Resolution.

WinXP, "Properties", "Display Properties", "Settings"

Win8 (eaier to copy and paste this one...) - Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

The bottom was it! Somehow my resolution had gotten changed. I went in and fixed it. Thanks Steve and Mr. Burns.

Heavy rain overnight IMBY.  I picked up 0.14 inch yesterday, in the wedge.  Since midnight, I've picked up another 0.52 inch.  Can we lock the wedge in for days at some point this winter, with impulse after impulse riding into it?  Yes, please.

wouldnt that be nice?  Getting a good wedge locked in during the winter for a change lol.  unless the wedge breaks down and moves out, any chances of severe wx or storms in this area will be greatly reduced

wouldnt that be nice?  Getting a good wedge locked in during the winter for a change lol.  unless the wedge breaks down and moves out, any chances of severe wx or storms in this area will be greatly reduced

NEGa,

The CAD wedging last winter was excellent overall. It was so good that even CHS/SAV got in on longlasting wedges several times. Honestly, I think that will be hard to match this winter but we'll see.

Yes, in 2011. I remember because we took the kids-trick-or treating for a little while in the rain, and WRAL was saying that day the rain should stop in time for trick-or-treating that night. It didn't stop until around 9:00 in my neighborhood.

We went to the mall early and got lots of candy. When we finished, we ate dinner at the food court. When we finished that, there were so many people in the mall, you could hardly move around. There were kids everywhere and stores were out of candy.

Meanwhile... So it was written, so it was said... :D

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** WINTER LOVERS REJOICE
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN WINTER FORECAST 2014-15

SNOW BUILD IN SIBERIA going like gangbusters off the chart...
( as I have been saying for 2 weeks) ... Dr Judah Cohen the brillant director of seasonal forecasting who " discovered" the connection between OCTOBER Snow cover in Siberia and Winter weather patterns in North America / Europe ( aka the -AO / +AO) has said that he is very impressed by extreme rapid build up of snow in the SIBERIA in 2014.... and thinks it will be a cold/ snowy winter in the eastern half of the US / Europe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/…/fall-snow-bonanza-in-north…/

Meanwhile... So it was written, so it was said... :D

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** WINTER LOVERS REJOICE

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN WINTER FORECAST 2014-15

SNOW BUILD IN SIBERIA going like gangbusters off the chart...

( as I have been saying for 2 weeks) ... Dr Judah Cohen the brillant director of seasonal forecasting who " discovered" the connection between OCTOBER Snow cover in Siberia and Winter weather patterns in North America / Europe ( aka the -AO / +AO) has said that he is very impressed by extreme rapid build up of snow in the SIBERIA in 2014.... and thinks it will be a cold/ snowy winter in the eastern half of the US / Europe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/…/fall-snow-bonanza-in-north…/

I hope this winter doesn't end in a tie :lol:

I'm so ready to start the thread "The Big One (Part two)... This time the snow growth region reigns supreme!!!"

:mapsnow:

NEGa,

The CAD wedging last winter was excellent overall. It was so good that even CHS/SAV got in on longlasting wedges several times. Honestly, I think that will be hard to match this winter but we'll see.

true i shouldnt complain. its just hard to top the few superwedges we had jan 04 - dec 05 lol. those came roaring in (literally) and continued through the storms

I have a random wedge /ice storm question? I remember some ice storms in the late 80s early 90s , where we had rain a half a day or longer, then the rain turned to sleet/fr rain in the afternoon, I assume , after the cold air finally bled down. Do y'all think the more damage occurs if it starts out as ice , in regards to tree damage/ uprooting , in particular? Does the start as rain loosen the soil, or does it no have an effect? And what would be the set up to cause alot of rain and then change to ice? I haven't seen that occur in awhile, it's been all or nothing!

Crazy how the severe weather thread is dead right now even with a tornado/severe outbreak going on. I bet the thread explodes tomorrow when a tornado warning is issued for a rural area in NC tomorrow.

Brick will keep us posted , even though he's forbidden to at work! He will give us wral every update and all that kind of good info!

Archived