• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday September 25 Rain Storm

IsentropicLift

I've got news for you..If it was winter people would be sucking on tailpipes and looking for rope and the nearest chair to tip over. Forecasts would be going from 6-12 inches to dim sun with flurries

:lol: this is a strange land we live in...the usually more conservative folks are more gung-ho now, and Bllizz is playing the role of Debbie.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's over what would literally be a few inches of snow. Stupid.

Yeah, can't wait for winter, lol.

I think most have been very reasonable in that there can just be a run of the mill event with light to moderate rain south and maybe some showers north. It gets confusing with the all or nothing talk...like if you think rain is likely it must be inches of rain.

I've got news for you..If it was winter people would be sucking on tailpipes and looking for rope and the nearest chair to tip over. Forecasts would be going from 6-12 inches to dim sun with flurries

Lol, for some people possibly. I don't think anyone has really touted big rains from this though. Most people have kept modest amounts on the table, maybe it turns out as little to nothing, but hype hasn't been over the top.

Its been boring, any potential event coming up this way is going to get a lot of play

Yeah, can't wait for winter, lol.

I think most have been very reasonable in that there can just be a run of the mill event with light to moderate rain south and maybe some showers north. It gets confusing with the all or nothing talk...like if you think rain is likely it must be inches of rain.

I too would like to know when it became so common to get 1"+ every time it rains.

Sure it's easier to do in the warm season with increased capacity for moisture storage and convection, but how many 1" QPF events do we get on average in winter? Will would probably have those numbers off the top of his head.

I too would like to know when it became so common to get 1"+ every time it rains.

Sure it's easier to do in the warm season with increased capacity for moisture storage and convection, but how many 1" QPF events do we get on average in winter? Will would probably have those numbers off the top of his head.

Yeah, off the top of my head last winter we had maybe 2 in January as rain, and one in March as snow (1.55" for 14" of snow) during that NNE snow event. This summer I've had a 1.92" and 1.73" and both of those were t-storms.

Meh on the reservoir levels, its September pretty typical lowest stage for water. future looks pretty wet with the pattern changing.

Well, good then. All that I care about are rivers and lakes, resrvoirs, for sustaining life. If everything is meh then why have people been so concerned about rainfall?

Byproduct of slow weather summer I suppose.

I  started a new job last  week where  tri  axle dump  trucks  dump inside of a building and I told them about  Sunday night's  rain  and they  just  laughed at me, Everything  pitches  towards the building.I  came in monday and  the back of the building  was flooded.  I've been telling them  about tomorrow  for  a  1.5  day to  watch out and the main guy told me today that we  are only  going to see  showers  HHAHAH I  can't  wait to laugh in the  guy face   that  try's to  run the pace  tomorrow

18z GEFS mean was juicy

Time to lose the ensembles...they'll overstate the northern and western edge of the QPF in these situations.  It will be a tighter cut off.  I see that all the time in the winter up here being on the NW side of a good deal of this forums exciting storms, the operational models will show us not getting much of anything like less than a tenth, but the Ensembles will continue to give hope with 0.25-.5" of QPF or something because of a few uber-amped up members.

Archived