12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday September 25 Rain Storm

IsentropicLift

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bark on the radar is worse than the bite. Look at the metars before saying the model busted.

here's what it had from 0z last night:

Atlantic City: 0.85"

Baltimore: 0.21"

Bridgeport: 0.05"

Islip: 0.38"

Morristown: 0.09"

New York City: 0.09"

Newark: 0.12"

Philadelphia: 0.15"

White Plains: 0.03"

Wilmington, DE: 0.14"

-

Looking at radar, I would think those #'s are in trouble even if radar is overdone

Well I'm just looking at 6hr precip valid at 12z for NYC and it looks good there. I care more about NYC then any other area. It's actually too wet there.

I guess we'll see at the end of the day! LGA now reporting moderate rains... The priciest regular season game in MLB history is in jeopardy too-wonder if they'll try to get it in regardless...no makeup date since it's a meaningless game.

It makes me laugh because every storm one model or another is right for certain areas, Just because it did not perform well in one place does not mean it will be wrong in another area, We see this happen all winter up here, Its like the broken clock theory, Its going to be right at least twice in a day

It makes me laugh because every storm one model or another is right for certain areas, Just because it did not perform well in one place does not mean it will be wrong in another area, We see this happen all winter up here, Its like the broken clock theory, Its going to be right at least twice in a day

Yes...a model can bust, but it doesn't mean it will make a difference in our BY.

It's like the syndrome we hear in winter "when the models show a cutter, its always right!!!!11!111!!"....when in reality, it is not. It just doesn't matter for their BY...it's still a rainstorm whether it cuts through Buffalo or Detroit. Now if a model shifted the same distance between DET and BUF when it was tracking near the benchmark, then it would have huge implications for us.

That said, I do think the Euro will be too dry in the southern regions...up here though, it probably doesn't matter.

Yes...a model can bust, but it doesn't mean it will make a difference in our BY.

It's like the syndrome we hear in winter "when the models show a cutter, its always right!!!!11!111!!"....when in reality, it is not. It just doesn't matter for their BY...it's still a rainstorm whether it cuts through Buffalo or Detroit. Now if a model shifted the same distance between DET and BUF when it was tracking near the benchmark, then it would have huge implications for us.

That said, I do think the Euro will be too dry in the southern regions...up here though, it probably doesn't matter.

The precip side is really the area that most bust occur with either to little or to much qpf or in winter calling for snow and it rains instead, Been many instances where one model performed well further south and another did better further north.

The precip side is really the area that most bust occur with either to little or to much qpf or in winter calling for snow and it rains instead, Been many instances where one model performed well further south and another did better further north.

Well precip is where models tend to not do as best anyways, esp in the warm season.

The Euro is going to bust terribly down this way. Forecast was for <0.20" and raining steadily with what looks like a lot more to come. The HRRR has rain persisting down here right through 02z. Yankee game cancel IMO.

Well TEB has had a whopping .02 in those echoes. The real rain is down in central and southern NJ. We'll see if that lifts north.

Well precip is where models tend to not do as best anyways, esp in the warm season.

This is true, But we have seen it in the winter as well with precip and even temps, I notice it up here with storm track more as well where one model may not come as far north as another with the surface low.

Archived