12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small rant here.... Never mind severe weather, Stoughton can't even buy a drop of rain!  It's bone dry here, wind just kicked up dust in the back yard.  All these systems have had the same pattern....approaching from the south it looks great, but then it either fizzles on the east end, or splits, dumping on Norwood (today, yesterday, July 16th) and northern/central Plymouth County and leaving us with barely 1/4 inch.  From the west, they always approach, then rapidly dry up, then somehow reform over the coastal South Shore towns or the Cape.  If it weren't for Arthur, which was pure luck, we'd only have 0.6" of rain this month after 1.4" in all of June.  I realize convection has the haves and have-nots, but over and over again being a have-not and only being missed by 10-20 miles?  I don't get it at all.  I've been joking that the NWS needs to only say slight chance in their forecasts for south central Norfolk County over to Brockton when everyone else surrounding us has likely pops.  Rant done.  :)

Small rant here.... Never mind severe weather, Stoughton can't even buy a drop of rain!  It's bone dry here, wind just kicked up dust in the back yard.  All these systems have had the same pattern....approaching from the south it looks great, but then it either fizzles on the east end, or splits, dumping on Norwood (today, yesterday, July 16th) and northern/central Plymouth County and leaving us with barely 1/4 inch.  From the west, they always approach, then rapidly dry up, then somehow reform over the coastal South Shore towns or the Cape.  If it weren't for Arthur, which was pure luck, we'd only have 0.6" of rain this month after 1.4" in all of June.  I realize convection has the haves and have-nots, but over and over again being a have-not and only being missed by 10-20 miles?  I don't get it at all.  I've been joking that the NWS needs to only say slight chance in their forecasts for south central Norfolk County over to Brockton when everyone else surrounding us has likely pops.  Rant done.  :)

Well said, and I agree 100%

Nothing you/I can do about it obviously...It's weather, after all.... just frustrating,  We've always seemed to do well in this area, but this summer there seems to be a wall from PVD to BOS that stops all the storms. 

Honestly don't even care about the severe at this point, just need the rain. 

Hopefully we'll have better luck in Dec/Jan/Feb.

I'm in a similar boat, but that's the nature of the beast. The overall pattern of troughs lifting northeast supports western New England into NNE. Stoughton has done well before and will again. Just how it goes. This morning's activity was right along a WF and weak low..could have been anywhere, but it's just luck.

Past 60-day precipitation... definitely a lull in SE New England in spots, but that's how it goes. You'd rather get screwed now rather than January ;)

Untitled.jpg

If only it worked that way. lol

Screwed in July you can still be screwed all winter.

Neighbor says my rain guage has 1.75" in it. Not bad.

Meanwhile, stunning cloudless evening in Falmouth.

i'd agree on this.  Tough situation but the debris cloud tells all and in this case they're very lucky it DIDN'T last longer than it did.

Exact thing that happened on the Springfield tornado.

I know it's a hard job, but this is a major metro area. Serious stuff. Very lucky it lifted so quickly...

Archived