Newest Member
    joxey
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like that Princeton tornado years ago

Its always going to be a bigger deal, the more people it impacts.  An brief EF1 in Revere, MA  is a bigger deal than a 10-mile EF3 through the forests of NNE.  A couple feet of water sitting on a road underpass like Starrow Drive will impact more people than a visually impressive raging flash flood river that washes out some county roads elsewhere.

That's the way it should be, honestly.  This is a big ticket event for Eastern MA.  They do blizzards well, but not Severe.

Instability was really only question to me.. looks like it won't be a problem. Tor or svr watch from spc this aftn? I would lean towards tor. We had an ef1/2 touchdown at 830am without surface instability...

Trouble is, the warm front is pushing north awfully fast and the best low level helicity is moving up toward northern New England. MHT's winds have gone from SE to almost due south (170) over the past two hours. The best tor potential may remain across New Hampshire and possibly into western Maine?

Instability was really only question to me.. looks like it won't be a problem. Tor or svr watch from spc this aftn? I would lean towards tor. We had an ef1/2 touchdown at 830am without surface instability...

LL shear is moving north though with the warm front....so you can't assume the same conditions later on.

edit: Quincy already beat me to it.

Just poking in, spc is kinda lacking. Has New England in SEE TEXT and 2/5/5. Incredible pics btw.

Not sure if going 2% tornado and having one confirmed is lacking. We'll see how the rest of the afternoon pans out. It is interesting to see that the SREF tornado probs had a nice bullseye over eastern Mass. this morning of 30%. Kind of impressive.

post-533-0-90382500-1406563513_thumb.gif

Archived