joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice video, wiz. I watched the whole thing in full HD, and there's multiple cool things going on throughout. It's hard to tell, but that thin funnel-like "feature" up in the clouds at about 12:30 just might have been what they call a bow-tie funnel, a funnel that connects to clouds on both ends, they're usually seen somewhere in the clear slot and they look pretty similar to what's in the video. There are a couple of other features in the clip that probably you could also count as legitimate funnels. And that barber-pole wall cloud, totally awesome. Real good stuff.

Very nice video, wiz. I watched the whole thing in full HD, and there's multiple cool things going on throughout. It's hard to tell, but that thin funnel-like "feature" up in the clouds at about 12:30 just might have been what they call a bow-tie funnel, a funnel that connects to clouds on both ends, they're usually seen somewhere in the clear slot and they look pretty similar to what's in the video. There are a couple of other features in the clip that probably you could also count as legitimate funnels. And that barber-pole wall cloud, totally awesome. Real good stuff.

Thanks!

Yeah that feature was so interesting...pretty sweet we were able to see that.  It didn't last a long time but I remember seeing features like that in other videos so it really caught my eye.  There was just so much rotation going on...just nothing wanted to really tighten up enough to drop anything.  

the lighting was quite intense as well...JUST before I hit record on my camera a bolt of lightning came down from like cirrus clouds lol...it was crazy.  Very loud cracks as well.  

Here's the video.

The first 5-6 min is looking at first wall cloud we saw...then around 7-8 min is watching the leading edge of the rain come at us.

Around 11:30-12:00 is just about when we see the second rotating wall cloud...was looking pretty impressive and we thought it was going to produce a funnel...there was a brief time where it looked but as I was going nuts over it, it sort of backed off it a bit.

Top notch guys. That was some real great plains stuff, wonder why they never warned for tors. Could've gone south fast, good on you for getting word out to NWS!

If I had to guess, the area outlined by BOX (int CT through NE MA) really does look like there's potential for some severe and even an iso tor or so. Farther south, gonna need some more sunshine, but the threat is there with some better shear near the south coast.

Here's the video.

The first 5-6 min is looking at first wall cloud we saw...then around 7-8 min is watching the leading edge of the rain come at us.

Around 11:30-12:00 is just about when we see the second rotating wall cloud...was looking pretty impressive and we thought it was going to produce a funnel...there was a brief time where it looked but as I was going nuts over it, it sort of backed off it a bit.

Great video.....Where were you? Is this the same storm that went into Enfield and Somers? Cuz we were in Somers when it came through and the lightning was so over the top and the thunder was epic.....we left heading back to 91 around 7pm I would say and got smacked with done pretty string wind and flying leaves and branches.....

Loved it meanwhile my wife was screaming at me to watch the road......

Top notch guys. That was some real great plains stuff, wonder why they never warned for tors. Could've gone south fast, good on you for getting word out to NWS!

I don't think the rotation really ever became completely tight enough...although it was probably very, very close at times.  there were numerous wall cloud reports from others viewing this storm as well

Great video.....Where were you? Is this the same storm that went into Enfield and Somers? Cuz we were in Somers when it came through and the lightning was so over the top and the thunder was epic.....we left heading back to 91 around 7pm I would say and got smacked with done pretty string wind and flying leaves and branches.....

Loved it meanwhile my wife was screaming at me to watch the road......

This was actually the first cell that was out ahead of that one.  This video was taken along RT. 20 in Westfield, MA in a shopping plaza with Home Depot and some other stores.  

omg I think it's rotating

attachicon.gifweeniespin.gif

Wow! I just wish we had more than 9 seconds.

Here are some photos taken from the skywarn coordinator for Albany (Ray Weber) took in Agawam of some damage...

Pic from IJD after our game looking towards Tolland

thanks for the posts guys--pretty intense stuff.  We were enjoying the sun at that point.

Nothing overnight here, but  some rumbles and a few flashes in advance of the heavy line working north.

63.4/63

Any wind? I'm in Falmouth so missed it but that's a pretty good drink of water.

No wind here, but the storm was warned in eastern Franiklin.  Perhaps there was more of a breeze toward your neck of the woods?  Probably not, but you would have been a little closer to the warned area.so who knows.

Patches of blue now.

Enjoy the Cape--I hope the weather cooperates.  BTW, we went to the PP for dinner on Friday.  Great burgers.  I was scouting around but I guess you weren't there.

Archived