• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

Nice. Seemed like core maybe missed by a couple of miles, but bad enough. I recall you having some better storms locally so I wouldn't sweat it.

There was one 3 yrs ago similar to this one. Not as much damage though. Oh well . Maybe this line north of Jackson hits here in a bit. Hope all you guys get hit good tomorrow

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one 3 yrs ago similar to this one. Not as much damage though. Oh well . Maybe this line north of Jackson hits here in a bit. Hope all you guys get hit good tomorrow

Well I just mean your part of town. Who cares if it's bad in another part lol. Would be nice to get rain. Grass getting nuked.

IMPRESSIVE SHORT WAVE TROUGH SWINGS ACROSS THE AREA MON WITH 500 MB HEIGHTS ON THE ORDER OF -3 SD FROM CLIMO! SURFACE LOW PRES TRACKS FROM PA/NY BORDER THEN ACROSS CENTRAL NEW ENGLAND IN THE AFTERNOON. WARM FRONTAL CONVECTION WITH HEAVY RAIN IS LIKELY IN THE MORNING BUT SHOULD LIFT QUICKLY NORTHEAST AND EXIT THE REGION 12Z-15Z FROM SW TO NE. WARM SECTOR THEN OVERSPREADS EASTERN HALF OF THE REGION WITH TEMPS RISING INTO THE 80S AND DEW PTS 65-70. THIS WILL YIELD SB CAPES OF 1000-2000J/KG ALONG WITH MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES OF 6-6.5C/KM AS COOLING OCCURS ALOFT. DEEP LAYER SHEAR IS STRONG AS WELL WITH 0-6 KM 35 TO 40 KT. FORCING FOR ASCENT WILL BE PROVIDED BY STRONG FRONTAL CONVERGENCE AS COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. IN ADDITION LFQ OF ANOMALOUS UPPER LEVEL JET OVER THE AREA WILL PROVIDE ENHANCED QG FORCING. THE ONLY WRINKLE IS THE EXACT TIMING AND TRAJECTORY OF THE DRY SLOT WHICH MUCH OF THE GUID SUGGEST WILL BE OVER SOUTHEAST MA AND VCNTY. THUS THE GREATEST THREAT OF STRONG TO SEVERE TSTMS MAY BE FROM INTERIOR CT NORTHEAST INTO CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST MA INCLUDING SOUTHERN NH. SPC HAS PLACED THIS REGION IN A SEE TEXT. MAIN THREATS WILL BE STRONG TO DAMAGING WINDS/LARGE HAIL AND LOW RISK OF AN ISOLATED TORNADO GIVEN STRONG LOW LEVEL SHEAR AND HIGH DEW PTS/LOW LCL.

Took these while chasing in VT this afternoon:

1908033_10102016805761999_29792861245029

10497122_10102016964159569_2454614357753

Eyewall, you kill me!  I am a photrographer and get many shots but you do not post what you actual saw, you used photo tools to make the clouds much more dramatic.  I think on  a weather board you have to be very careful in what you chancge, its science not art.  Just my opinion on weather photos.  What did images look like without any alternations?

Here's the video.

The first 5-6 min is looking at first wall cloud we saw...then around 7-8 min is watching the leading edge of the rain come at us.  

Around 11:30-12:00 is just about when we see the second rotating wall cloud...was looking pretty impressive and we thought it was going to produce a funnel...there was a brief time where it looked but as I was going nuts over it, it sort of backed off it a bit.

Here's the video.

The first 5-6 min is looking at first wall cloud we saw...then around 7-8 min is watching the leading edge of the rain come at us.  

Around 11:30-12:00 is just about when we see the second rotating wall cloud...was looking pretty impressive and we thought it was going to produce a funnel...there was a brief time where it looked but as I was going nuts over it, it sort of backed off it a bit.

omg I think it's rotating

post-3-0-46942700-1406510076_thumb.gif

omg I think it's rotating

attachicon.gifweeniespin.gif

:lol:

Good video

Nice Wiz. 

Thanks.  

I'm going to see if Quincy (or another friend of mine) can play with the video and maybe do like a speed up of it...probably will be able to see it a bit more clearly...it was pretty crazy...sever seen rotation that strong in person.  

Sounds like you know what hit TOL

Kevin...something serious blew over Camille's tonight while we were there for dinner. Power went out, debris and shopping carts were flying around (yes, our new Denali got dented - people put your carts away!!!), part of the roof blew off, trees in the back were topped or completely down and Camille's lost their wood shed...just blew away. Freaky stuff!!!

Archived