joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 Banter Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mid atlantic friends! I'm moving back to the DC area in just a few weeks. I'll be in Arlington to start out then probably looking for a place in Silver Spring/Montgomery County.

Any favorite zip codes/neighborhoods in Montgomery Co where we should be looking - not too expensive and also not too rough?

Hello Mid atlantic friends! I'm moving back to the DC area in just a few weeks. I'll be in Arlington to start out then probably looking for a place in Silver Spring/Montgomery County.

Any favorite zip codes/neighborhoods in Montgomery Co where we should be looking - not too expensive and also not too rough?

I can't believe "snowiest zip code" isn't your top criteria.  :banned:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In Silver Spring, you should look in the Blair school cluster (mostly 20901 zip code). Houses run from the upper 300's to about a million depending on the neighborhood.

First and foremost, what is the rent/mortgage budget. It's impossible to answer without knowing that or I'd just say buy a house in a Chevy Chase or Potomac and you'd be good to go. The houses in and around Congressional on River Rd are very nice :)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know, lol .... It's funny because my current neighborhood has much much higher crime rates than anywhere in montgomery county but for some reason with a baby on the way everyone is all crazy about safety now.

First and foremost, what is the rent/mortgage budget. It's impossible to answer without knowing that or I'd just say buy a house in a Chevy Chase or Potomac and you'd be good to go. The houses in and around Congressional on River Rd are very nice :)

425K is our upper limit so most of chevy chase/Potomac and even Bethesda are out of the question.

Get up in elevation if you give a crap about snow.

:(

given your location, may be worth a try to check York county governments site. I know they have a GIS staff. Sorry to hear about the news. Would recommend looking for a fed geographer or cartographer job near DC, but that's a trek and a half from your location.

Dang mappy. Both my wife and myself have been there. I have nothing to say to soften the blow except we both dug in and came out a step better. Dig in. It can be a blessing in disguise with an uncomfortable period in between.

Grab your favorite beverage for the holiday and enjoy some family time. Then start digging next week. Curve balls come and go. Ur good.

Anyone need a map maker?

Got your msg my phone has been without service all day tho (I guess NM is a different planet where even big cities have no ATT service). I'll get back to you soon.

I know, lol .... It's funny because my current neighborhood has much much higher crime rates than anywhere in montgomery county but for some reason with a baby on the way everyone is all crazy about safety now.

425K is our upper limit so most of chevy chase/Potomac and even Bethesda are out of the question.

You should be able to find some nice places in that range in Kensington and Wheaton or out in Germantown if you don't need to live too close to the city.  Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions about specific areas.

Good luck.

Archived