joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good 'ol night time convection going on now. Nice little cell popped up just to my south -- Has some lightning too.

Different world down there, I have fog with 48 degrees. Hoping some spring comes my way. As many have pointed out, long range euro and ensembles look promising.

As much as I hate to admit this

Spring has arrived and it is here to stay.

Grass is going bonkers.

In two weeks northern Virginia is going to change DRASTICALLY - leaf out will go utterly crazy and flowering trees will have allergy sufferers crying like small children. You better get your lawn mower tuned up. Better yet - go out and buy two more, just in case.

2014 is not going to give us a break. With the Nino developing, we will drown in rain all summer and the grass will be growing twice as fast as the weeds.

By April 22 winter will be a distant memory in Washington. We will absolutely be scrambling to keep up with mowing our lawns. I can't believe I am within DAYS of having to mow my backyard! It was only FOUR EFFIN DAYS AGO that I had snow on my back lawn!

Anomalous winter/spring or not, spring has SPRUNG with a vengeance. Get those allergy pills ready! Tune up your mowers!

When the Jebman admits spring has conquered us, you know snow lovers are doomed.

RAP has been consistently showing near 70 for DCA this afternoon, 80 for CHO, and mid to upper 50's for BWI.     CHO is still 54, but LYH is into the 70's.     still not sure how far north that warm front can get, although it's possible that DCA hits its max in the very late afternoon or early evening.

Archived