• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

I didn't say winter storms aren't costly and don't kill just not on the same level to me as a severe outbreak

Most people around here do enjoy tracking severe weather but you can't really compare the death and destruction from an f5 tornado or cat 5 hurricane to a snowstorm

You did actually :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS brushes us all with some snow and brings near blizzard conditions to the eastern end of Long Island between 228 hrs and 240 hrs as it deepens a Nor'easter from 984 mb to 968 mb just southeast of the Benchmark.

i'll be sure to save your posts

i'll be sure to save your posts

Yeah.  I nailed the last one from 10 days out.  So did you.  We were both correct.  If you saw my post from 10 days out anyway.  I had called that one and even said it would likely find a way to go southeast of us.  And you don't need to save my posts.  They are all on my blog.  You are welcome to take a look.  

Also, this is not a forecast.  It is merely what the model is showing, but keep in mind that the Euro already had us down for 6 inches of snow at 240 hrs this morning.  So, there MAY be a real threat there.

ok - then you make a forecast Mr. Hotshot and see how accurate it is - if you are going to be critical of my statement - back yours up with something worthwhile

I'd rather not issue a state-specific hurricane forecast in March, especially with considerable uncertainty surrounding the formation of a potentially strong episode of El Nino. I think it's well-understood that being overdue for something does not make it any more likely to occur. If it's an inactive season on the whole, the chances of an active season in a given location are probably lower.

Archived