joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said that snow couldn't accumulate in late March?

Are you seriously arguing that no one, in your LONG history on these websites, has ever downplayed the significance of late season or spring snow by using the sun angle or wet warm ground argument?

Are you seriously arguing that no one, in your LONG history on these websites, has ever downplayed the significance of late season or spring snow by using the sun angle or wet warm ground argument?

Downplaying the significance is not the same thing as saying that it flat out can't accumulate.

Right. Its never been said in the history of these sites that it would only accumulate on grass and cars, right?

I think it was said that if it is falling fast enough, it will stick to the roads.  I THINK that is what was normally said, but don't quote me on that now.

Right. Its never been said in the history of these sites that it would only accumulate on grass and cars, right?

One of the most harrowing "winter" drives I've ever had was in mid-April a few years ago on the NYS thruway in the Albany area.  And I lived in Buffalo for 20 years. 

One of the most harrowing "winter" drives I've ever had was in mid-April a few years ago on the NYS thruway in the Albany area. And I lived in Buffalo for 20 years.

Yeah i got hit up in the adirondacks in mid april a few years ago. The initial wetness from melting snow definitely leaves the roads slicker than mid winter, where the snow accumulates instantly. Its not a fun ride

Archived