northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he can hit the senior steroid circuit. He'd make for good testosterone commercials.

JB used to post at AccuWx about the over 40, then over 50, drug free body building champion.  He actually spends hours a day lifting, I met him once in Houston over a decade, he is actually a not very tall man, but a dedicated gym rat.

He seems, to me to have 1) a stronger tendency than most pro-forecasters to be influenced by a desire for epic events (like a Cat 4 Rita right up the Houston ship channel- I remember that from AccuWx 'Houston - We Have a Problem') and 2) he hates to waffle and then be wrong.  He'd rather be wrong to the end, than change a forecast if even a single obscure model like the Brazilian or Japanese or Korean says it can happen.

He used to write decent commentary a decade ago, lots of talk of teleconnections and the such, but the posts are shorter now, and half are global warming related.

That initial convection off the EC just shunts the baraclonic zone offshore and screws this pooch. If that werent there we wouldnt be going through this, the GFS 6z had the LP just off the NC coast and then it goes OTS

Only in this March would we see the baroclinic zone suppressed down to near JAX on the 25th

and running E-W.

doesn't mean it will be right...this one is for the fishes. Euro has a lucky fish getting 2 feet out in the Atlantic. Maybe we'll see a 25mph wind gust from this, that would be exciting.

Nah this winter has been crazy to say the least.now people are saying winter is over? They don't remember April 75? This will keep ticking west watch 12z

As bitter a pill as this is to swallow seeing a sub 950 low just e of the BM with great late march temps in place if the euro went from the 20 inches it had in Boston 3 runs ago to the 5 or so it has there now and that happened here the smashing of I pads and computer screens would have been deafening

( but prob really fun )

This is not the first nor the last whiff weather lovers will see here , take it in stride. Stuff like this should make everyone appreciate what an anomaly 60 to 70 inches of snow is at 40 N on the coastal plain.

Good job this Winter .

Archived