ennepe68

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From NWS Sterling:

Hazardous Weather Outlook

LOW PRESSURE MAY BRING SOME WINTRY PRECIPITATION TO THE AREA

TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. DETAILS ARE UNCERTAIN AT THIS TIME SO

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE LATEST FORECASTS FOR UPDATES.

Sterling is so helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From NWS Sterling:

Hazardous Weather Outlook

LOW PRESSURE MAY BRING SOME WINTRY PRECIPITATION TO THE AREA

TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. DETAILS ARE UNCERTAIN AT THIS TIME SO

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE LATEST FORECASTS FOR UPDATES.

Sterling is so helpful.

Sent from my iPad

these things could probably go unsaid yet they are always said. i don't think there's ever been a storm at d5-7 that everyone was like.. "this will happen for sure!" 

these things could probably go unsaid yet they are always said. i don't think there's ever been a storm at d5-7 that everyone was like.. "this will happen for sure!" 

The school systems and all other customers involved in planning like to know of any upcoming potentials.

The school systems and all other customers involved in planning like to know of any upcoming potentials.

not what I meant.. again. did you read the rest of the post? also not nws centric at all. everyone says it. 

Wow cool so lots of folks jumping aboard. 

Someone asked who we are and by now you've probably read we represent the great unwashed from the CWG. Nothing against CWG, but it is the WaPo, and that means flaky boards. Yours is nicer.  :santa:

We owe our name to a nameless troll who earlier this year, called us out the WaPo as "sociopathic snow bros" or some such, and it just kind of took off from there. The winter of 2014 has helped a lot. 

Setting aside the craziness in the WaPo boards, we are interested in real weather discussions , and making our experience here less of a one-way event. 

Wow cool so lots of folks jumping aboard. 

Someone asked who we are and by now you've probably read we represent the great unwashed from the CWG. Nothing against CWG, but it is the WaPo, and that means flaky boards. Yours is nicer.  :santa:...

Americanwx can be just as flakey when the high traffic hits.

Just a plug for the conference in July...

It's fun, and you meet awesome weather nerds including Ian, Wes and other meteorologists. Anyone can sign up! Click on the banner at the top of the page for more info. You won't regret it!

A good number of DT's facebook fans have apparently signed up.

Americanwx can be just as flakey when the high traffic hits.

From what I can tell, it isn't going to drop comments off of the bottom of the page while you are reading, or even worse, commenting. This is a plus.

Though not being able to "like" posts makes me somewhat said. I want to be able to let people know I enjoyed what they said without clogging up the board with "this amused me", and "thank you for posting this, I appreciate it" comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The issue will probably be overwhelming of the server with attempted connections during high traffic instances (next week's storm, if it verifies, comes to mind).  We'll be creating our own DDoS attack.

What an encouraging way to ingratiate yourself to a new community.  

Archived