joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Bro Banter Thread

ennepe68

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a6e7e2ed.jpgNoodle just brought me a pair of socks. In my professional opinion, this model is letting us know that the storm is going to track to the southwest, putting the bullseye right over the DC metro area. High winds and heavy snow will occur startling late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday, and lasting through the overnight hours. Blizzard conditions will kick in around nightfall, when sustained 35mph winds will create nonexistent visibility throughout the region. Expect 15-17" of snow in the downtown "snow hole", and upwards of 24-28" in the northwest subarbs. This is my fully professional, well informed reading of the "Noodle Model".Sent from my iPad

Wow! I haven't had a girl talk dirty to me like that in a long time. Bravo!

a6e7e2ed.jpg

Noodle just brought me a pair of socks.

In my professional opinion, this model is letting us know that the storm is going to track to the southwest, putting the bullseye right over the DC metro area. High winds and heavy snow will occur startling late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday, and lasting through the overnight hours. Blizzard conditions will kick in around nightfall, when sustained 35mph winds will create nonexistent visibility throughout the region. Expect 15-17" of snow in the downtown "snow hole", and upwards of 24-28" in the northwest subarbs.

This is my fully professional, well informed reading of the "Noodle Model".

Sent from my iPad

lucky your cat approves of snow. My Maine Coon literally gets depressed every time it's below 40. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  Stay frosty.

I can hardly wait for hordes of snowbros. Please bring all 97 million of them.

This is going to be more fun than the winter of 1995-96

We will all be beside ourselves with joy with thousands of sno bros and a nice snow storm next week to track and then enjoy

musutude.jpg

I just thought I would share a picture of my car from the Valentines Day weekend storm.

I would like more snow than this, please. Even if it melts super fast.

Is that a Washington thing, where people pull up their wiper blades away from the window?

I have never seen that done anywhere else.

Is that a Washington thing, where people pull up their wiper blades away from the window?

I don't know, I've lived here my whole life and that's what I thought you were supposed to do! I didn't really question it until now.

Also, using an umbrella for snow! That's something I thought you were supposed to do too. 

In Snowmageddon I saw wipers broken off from people doing that. I guess it's not a bad idea in lighter snow but in two feet of wet snow that shifts a little it can be problematic. 

Pretty much everyone here does it. It makes it easier to clear the windshield off. 

While I am sure Ian is correct about people's wipers snapping off when there is too much snow, during the first storm this year I didn't put my wipers up and ended up having to replace the blades because they were bent and thus totally useless. It's much more important when it is ice than snow, but it helps in snow too. 

That's awesome! I thought about getting a leash for my cat. I'm worried he would drive me nuts all the time wanting to go outside. Your cats seems to like snow walks. Too cool.

He does drive us nuts wanting to go out, but he is really really good with the leash. He just accepted it right away, and never tries to escape it. 

He LOVES the snow. It's great, because being a Maine Coon he can walk around in deep snow for ten minutes, and as soon as he comes back inside he is dry again. Gotta love that water wicking fur.

He has to be the smallest Maine Coon ever though. Poor thing. You can tell that he is supposed to be a big cat by looking at his paws; they are ENORMOUS. His first owner figured that feeding him wasn't necessary because cats are excellent hunters. Seriously.

He does drive us nuts wanting to go out, but he is really really good with the leash. He just accepted it right away, and never tries to escape it. 

He LOVES the snow. It's great, because being a Maine Coon he can walk around in deep snow for ten minutes, and as soon as he comes back inside he is dry again. Gotta love that water wicking fur.

He has to be the smallest Maine Coon ever though. Poor thing. You can tell that he is supposed to be a big cat by looking at his paws; they are ENORMOUS. His first owner figured that feeding him wasn't necessary because cats are excellent hunters. Seriously.

He is small for a Maine Coon. My Maine Coon lost some weight because his gums were hurting. I didn't realize what the problem was until I took him to the groomer. She looked at his teeth and said his gums were inflamed. He all better now and gained his weight back. He's 17lbs. Not huge for a Maine Coon. They do have huge feet! Give him some kitty milk. That will help him gain weight. He's a good looking boy tho.

GFS took a baby step west.

He is small for a Maine Coon. My Maine Coon lost some weight because his gums were hurting. I didn't realize what the problem was until I took him to the groomer. She looked at his teeth and said his gums were inflamed. He all better now and gained his weight back. He's 17lbs. Not huge for a Maine Coon. They do have huge feet! Give him some kitty milk. That will help him gain weight. He's a good looking boy tho.

GFS took a baby step west.

Cosmo is like.... 9lbs. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in attitude and intelligence.

Noodle, the fetcher of socks, he is closer to true Maine Coon size. He was a feral. He is 17lbs and 35" from shoulder to the tip of his tail. He also has the temperament of a Maine Coon. He's dumb though. 

*I hate watching the GFS this far out. It always makes me panicky. I guess a baby step is better than nothing, even though it is still forecasting only 1-2" of snow for the region.

Cosmo is like.... 9lbs. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in attitude and intelligence.

Noodle, the fetcher of socks, he is closer to true Maine Coon size. He was a feral. He is 17lbs and 35" from shoulder to the tip of his tail. He also has the temperament of a Maine Coon. He's dumb though. 

*I hate watching the GFS this far out. It always makes me panicky. I guess a baby step is better than nothing, even though it is still forecasting only 1-2" of snow for the region.

My Maine Coon is a dog trapped in a cat's body. He has identity issues. He really thinks he's a dog. Maine Coons are awesome cats. I always had Siamese cats growing up. This is the first Maine Coon I've had. Definitely unique personalitie.

Don't worry about snow amounts at this point. The models seem to be locked onto a storm solution. That's is great news. We can't track a storm that doesn't exist. I think it's safe to say. We have something big to watch. I'm pumped to track a March monster.

My Maine Coon is a dog trapped in a cat's body. He has identity issues. He really thinks he's a dog. Maine Coons are awesome cats. I always had Siamese cats growing up. This is the first Maine Coon I've had. Definitely unique personalitie.

Don't worry about snow amounts at this point. The models seem to be locked onto a storm solution. That's is great news. We can't track a storm that doesn't exist. I think it's safe to say. We have something big to watch. I'm pumped to track a March monster.

I think that my Maine Coon is a Tasmanian Devil trapped in a cat's body.

We have a pretty embarrassing number of cats. I had cats and my boyfriend had cats, and I moved in with him and brought my cats. Now we have a menagerie of cats. Luckily, the only one who doesn't really like some of the others spends most of the day hiding in the ceiling in the basement, until he comes up to spend his requisite nightly three hours rubbing himself all over my face. 

Okay, storm good, worrying about numbers bad. They probably won't mean much until Saturday/Sunday, I assume.

Really? You think it's a good bet that we'll have a storm? That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! :)

You should change your username. You're hardly a lurker anymore!

HPC's discussion (posted by Rick on the CWG page):

FOR THIS PARTICULAR SET OF MANUAL PROGS, RELIED ON THE MOST RECENT ECENS 
MEAN FOR A BEARING, SINCE NOT ALL THE GUIDANCE WAS YET ON THE SAME 
PAGE WITH THE PARTICULARS OF THE CYCLONE. THE ECENS MEAN HAS SHOWN 
HIGH SKILL AT THE MEDIUM RANGE WITH SURFACE PRESSURES, AND SEEMS 
TO OFTEN ARRIVE AT A STABLE SOLUTION A DAY OR SO SOONER THAN MUCH 
OF THE OTHER GLOBAL NUMERICAL GUIDANCE. 

THE EAST-COAST CYCLONE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE LATE-SEASON 
HEAVY SNOWFALL OVER A WIDE SWATH OF REAL ESTATE FROM VIRGINIA TO 
NEW ENGLAND; THAT IS A GENERALITY AT THIS POINT. MUCH REMAINS IN 
TERMS OF REFINING THE FORECAST STATE BY STATE. ANOTHER HIGH-IMPACT 
FACTOR WILL BE THE POWERFUL WINDS GENERATED BY THIS SPRAWLING, 
INTENSE CIRCULATION, ALONG WITH HIGH SEAS, BEACH BATTERY, COASTAL 
FLOODING, AND SO FORTH. AGAIN, AT THIS POINT, SUCH SENSIBLE 
WEATHER EFFECTS ARE SIMPLY ATTENDANT TO THE POTENTIAL OF SUCH A 
STORM.

By the way, wouldn't snow affect more than just "real estate"? Roads, forests and rocks would also be covered in a blanket of white powder, all of which are not necessarily "real estate."

This is their QPF map for Monday to Wednesday

95ep48iwbg_fill.gif

Archived