joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Bro Banter Thread

ennepe68

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! I'm so excited about this. Let's see how it works out.

We will have to make sure that everyone else is made aware of it. 

I'm obviously still learning, and can only extrapolate, but it seems like we are in for an interesting and volatile next couple of months. I am sure we will get something, but who knows what it will be. 

I still want an end of season snownado, but I will settle for a Miller A or blizzard. 

Just as long as it isn't more like today. 

Yay! I'm so excited about this. Let's see how it works out.

We will have to make sure that everyone else is made aware of it. 

Yeah, we can announce it periodically on CWG. Moderators, if this isn't appropriate, tell us now before we bring the horde with us. We just don't want to interfere with the real discussions you meteorologists talk about, but we still want a good platform for talking about weather. This fits the bill.

I'm obviously still learning, and can only extrapolate, but it seems like we are in for an interesting and volatile next couple of months. I am sure we will get something, but who knows what it will be. 

I still want an end of season snownado, but I will settle for a Miller A or blizzard. 

Climate Prediction Centre's graphic for 6-10 days:

610temp.new.gif

Yeah, we can announce it periodically on CWG. Moderators, if this isn't appropriate, tell us now before we bring the horde with us. We just don't want to interfere with the real discussions you meteorologists talk about, but we still want a good platform for talking about weather. This fits the bill.

Climate Prediction Centre's graphic for 6-10 days:

610temp.new.gif

So basically, cold with some added cold. 

I'm going to maximize my outdoor/sunshine time for the next few days.

Who the hell are snow bros?

It's a CWG thing. I'm sure the board meanies will try to run them off since they are meanies.

We have subforums so there can be lots of threads though.. or that was the original story. ;)

How many of these weenie speculation threads do we need?

Note the title says "Banter" in it. This is also for our other snow bro needs, like parodies and lyrics.  :snowing: 

And we want a friendly environment, unlike the other threads here. We are hobbyists and want to learn too, not get shot down by impatient mets. Hence the new thread. If it's not "legal," feel free to take it down. 

Note the title says "Banter" in it. This is also for our other snow bro needs, like parodies and lyrics.  :snowing: 

And we want a friendly environment, unlike the other threads here. We are hobbyists and want to learn too, not get shot down by impatient mets. Hence the new thread. If it's not "legal," feel free to take it down. 

I think it's fine. Some parodies would help though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FHjRHNM-c

I modified the title a bit. I'd just suggest people who don't want to be part of the thread go elsewhere.. it's not hurting anyone.

Serious question, and I'm not trying to come across as a giant douche (too late now, right ;) ), but would such a thread not be deleted if it werent started by a bunch of CWG posters? If some random weenies from, say, the accuweather forums came by and started this same thread, for example...

It's a CWG thing. I'm sure the board meanies will try to run them off since they are meanies.

We have subforums so there can be lots of threads though.. or that was the original story. ;)

Yup. 

We figured it would be better to start our own thread than irritate and risk the wrath of the super serious people in the other threads.

We absolutely DO like to talk about the weather, we just like to banter while we are doing it. And most of us are passionate amateurs who are in the process of learning, and would still like to be able to participate in conversation without being run off. 

Serious question, and I'm not trying to come across as a giant douche (too late now, right ;) ), but would such a thread not be deleted if it werent started by a bunch of CWG posters? If some random weenies from, say, the accuweather forums came by and started this same thread, for example...

maybe not.. but again, not sure it matters. none of the people who are too good to have fun need to come in here.

Obviously I am new, but can you respectfully tell me why this would be the case?

This is a regional weather forum, right? We want to talk about DC area weather; we just want to have a bit of fun while we are doing it. The thread hasn't been up long enough for anyone to see how we really operate.

And we aren't an exclusive club, anyone is welcome. 

Is that something that really wouldn't normally be allowed? It seems pretty harmless. 

I modified the title a bit.  I'd just suggest people who don't want to be part of the thread go elsewhere.. it's not hurting anyone.

Thanks, Ian. The title's better. 

I expected the initial backlash, but I hope people are more supportive of hobbyists coming out of lurking. We certainly won't scare anyone out of here. And this IS a weather forum after all, right? You guys should be nicer to people who are trying to learn. At least with this thread, the "annoying dumb people" are separated from the people who know what they're doing. Again, if you don't think this thread should exist, you can kill it. But I think it's really helpful for people who are too scared to talk.

Ian, thanks for being supportive and posting all the relevant documents!

Thanks, Ian. The title's better. 

I expected the initial backlash, but I hope people are more supportive of hobbyists coming out of lurking. We certainly won't scare anyone out of here. And this IS a weather forum after all, right? You guys should be nicer to people who are trying to learn. At least with this thread, the "annoying dumb people" are separated from the people who know what they're doing. Again, if you don't think this thread should exist, you can kill it. But I think it's really helpful for people who are too scared to talk.

Ian, thanks for being supportive and posting all the relevant documents!

This forum has a bit of an elitist disease.. I won't pretend I'm not part of it, but I don't get as bent out of shape as some people.  I don't see any issue with having a thread that's more newer enthusiast/fun focused.  If people don't like it they don't have to enter it.  Not like the front page doesn't have threads that are half a month old on it anyway.  It's a fun group.. I think in the end long timers here would enjoy a lot of the "snowbro" stuff anyway. 

This forum has a bit of an elitist disease.. I won't pretend I'm not part of it, but I don't get as bent out of shape as some people.  I don't see any issue with having a thread that's more newer enthusiast/fun focused.  If people don't like it they don't have to enter it.  Not like the front page doesn't have threads that are half a month old on it anyway.  It's a fun group.. I think in the end long timers here would enjoy a lot of the "snowbro" stuff anyway. 

When are you going to get rid of Air Force Wx as a moderator?

Archived