amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Snow Bro Banter Thread

ennepe68

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate snow, a lot, and I'm no fun at all.

And when I lived in Old Town I never saw any of that crap.

I think it must be pretty new. I have worked in Old Town for three years, and I only started seeing it about a year ago. They must have changed some regulation in regards to cabs which pick people up in both DC and VA. 

It's okay, we love cranky people too. *hugs*

Obviously I am new, but can you respectfully tell me why this would be the case?

This is a regional weather forum, right? We want to talk about DC area weather; we just want to have a bit of fun while we are doing it. The thread hasn't been up long enough for anyone to see how we really operate.

And we aren't an exclusive club, anyone is welcome.

Is that something that really wouldn't normally be allowed? It seems pretty harmless.

Hope my post wasn't taken the wrong way. To clarify, I don't really have a problem with this thread :) (not that my opinion really matters anyway, lol).It's just that similar threads have been deleted in the past, so I was just curious. Now that the premise of this thread has been explained, I can see how it's different from those, however. Welcome. :)

Hope my post wasn't taken the wrong way. To clarify, I don't really have a problem with this thread :) (not that my opinion really matters anyway, lol).It's just that similar threads have been deleted in the past, so I was just curious. Now that the premise of this thread has been explained, I can see how it's different from those, however. Welcome. :)

Thank you! I hope you come and have some fun and discourse with us. 

ahh, ok. cool. here's a snowmap to try to get back on topic. ;)

i've coined this the storm of the millenium on twitter.

attachicon.gifecmwf_tsnow_ma_33.png

That is a pretty intense looking storm.

What was the 2009/2010 IAD snowfall total again? We are at a bit over 49" now. This storm needs to start shifting south west, so we can give 2009/2010 a late season run for its money.

Do we actually have legitimate chances of April snowfall this year?

That is a pretty intense looking storm.

What was the 2009/2010 IAD snowfall total again? We are at a bit over 49" now. This storm needs to start shifting south west, so we can give 2009/2010 a late season run for its money.

Do we actually have legitimate chances of April snowfall this year?

73.2" http://www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/climate/iad/iadsnow.txt .. probably out of reach.

We may have a shot in April, at least according to the people who know that kind of stuff.  I think we have next week then a break then maybe one more shot after but that could be too late for DC itself. 

73.2" http://www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/climate/iad/iadsnow.txt .. probably out of reach.

We may have a shot in April, at least according to the people who know that kind of stuff.  I think we have next week then a break then maybe one more shot after but that could be too late for DC itself. 

We can totally get another 24" by the end of April. 

This forecast totally says so.

Large vessel is a paradox of sorts. He prefers 2.3 - 3.8" of snow and pleasant weather otherwise. But posts daily in a forum that prefers gale force sleet basketballs with cataclysmic ice and snow measured by yardsticks and training derechos.

I experience winter weather just like everyone else, but I don't have to like it. It could snow 8 feet on my grass, and I'd love it as long as road and sidewalk temps were at 40 degrees and clear of accumulation. Somebody needs to invent heating elements to place in all new roads for the future.

The micro-level real-time analysis is great here, as well as being able to read commentary from pros and SMEs.

I think it must be pretty new. I have worked in Old Town for three years, and I only started seeing it about a year ago. They must have changed some regulation in regards to cabs which pick people up in both DC and VA. 

It's okay, we love cranky people too. *hugs*

Maybe you are not paying attention and it's two different cabs. All that Facebookin kills your focus.

Maybe you are not paying attention and it's two different cabs. All that Facebookin kills your focus.

I would have to be looking at two cabs side-by-side and crossing my eyes for that to be the case. They actually put both plates on the rear bumper. 

Maybe someone switched my glasses with one of those Victorian 3D image things that I am forgetting the name of, and accidentally put a slide for a VA cab on the left side and a DC cab on the right. 

I experience winter weather just like everyone else, but I don't have to like it. It could snow 8 feet on my grass, and I'd love it as long as road and sidewalk temps were at 40 degrees and clear of accumulation. Somebody needs to invent heating elements to place in all new roads for the future.

The micro-level real-time analysis is great here, as well as being able to read commentary from pros and SMEs.

I would actually be totally good with this. I'm an independent contractor, and while I love snow,  I have lost a lot of money this winter because of it. Accumulating on the grass but not the roads would be great for me. Or only snowing on Sundays and Mondays, when I don't have to work. 

I am admittedly extremely new to this, but is the GFS really calling for a late March North Carolina snow walloping? 

I spent a long time just enjoying reading people talk about models, and I have only within the last few months started looking at them myself. I always assume I am doing it wrong. 

This is a really screwed up form of addiction. A lot of us chose to live in a virtual snow hole, yet we obsess night and day about the possibility of "just one more storm, man." "We deserve it, we need it!" Hey, we live here for one reason or another rather than setting up shop in Quebec or something. Maybe we live here for other reasons. Maybe we like the thrill that big snow totals aren't supposed to happen here but can. The thrill of the chase. The thrill of seeing the city stopped in it's tracks for a snowball fight and whiskey shots when it does come. I hope to sled at Battery Kemble my whole life, it's the best. This long winter thing rules!! I really dream of a chain of megastorms that blankets the city for weeks and sledding down all the way down to the waterfront from the Cathedral on Wisconsin or even better- Dumbarton Oaks driveway down to Rock Creek!!

Before 3/3 we had so much pessimism and doubt that it could even snow in March anymore after the last few years and of course notorious 3/6- but here we are a few months after not seeing 2" of snow for 1000 days which seemed like years, having had 2 awesome March snows and racking up some sweet seasonal numbers, and crazy cool events (2/14 12"+ in 6hrs. for many, 3/17 latest 8"+ in 50+ years) and we need one more!

Well, screw that. I'm greedy and addicted. I want at least 3 more. I want the Sunday thing, the 3/26-27 Snobro Millienial Millenium Falcon Megastorm, and at least one decent April event! DC Snobro Weenie Capital Unite!! I'm ready to help with the phasing too!

Uh, a snow bro is anyone who really loves the snow. And fun.  We really aren't discriminatory. Do you super love snow? And fun?

Then you are totally a snow bro! Here, there, anywhere!

Come out to the Snow Bro Happy Hour at Science Club Friday the 28th. Several of the CWG meteorologists will be there, and any and all self proclaimed Snow Bros will be there. It is going to be a ton of fun. 

Also, you can totally have license plates from two different states on your car. Head in to Old Town. You will see Taxis with both DC and Virginia plates on them driving around all over the place. And by "you" I mean taxi drivers, I'm assuming that not everyone can just register their car in both DC and Virginia.

Hi, I'm the Jebman. I'm the ultimate snow bro. I worship snow lol. I am already enjoying this thread

I am admittedly extremely new to this, but is the GFS really calling for a late March North Carolina snow walloping? 

I spent a long time just enjoying reading people talk about models, and I have only within the last few months started looking at them myself. I always assume I am doing it wrong. 

Looks like they'd have some temperature issues as is.. but some snow for sure.  Of course when the GFS is east everyone says it's right where we want it as it tends to have a SE bias at range.  For now it keeps the signal alive more than anything probably.

This is a really screwed up form of addiction. A lot of us chose to live in a virtual snow hole, yet we obsess night and day about the possibility of "just one more storm, man." "We deserve it, we need it!" Hey, we live here for one reason or another rather than setting up shop in Quebec or something. Maybe we live here for other reasons. Maybe we like the thrill that big snow totals aren't supposed to happen here but can. The thrill of the chase. The thrill of seeing the city stopped in it's tracks for a snowball fight and whiskey shots when it does come. I hope to sled at Battery Kemble my whole life, it's the best. This long winter thing rules!! I really dream of a chain of megastorms that blankets the city for weeks and sledding down all the way down to the waterfront from the Cathedral on Wisconsin or even better- Dumbarton Oaks driveway down to Rock Creek!!

Before 3/3 we had so much pessimism and doubt that it could even snow in March anymore after the last few years and of course notorious 3/6- but here we are a few months after not seeing 2" of snow for 1000 days which seemed like years, having had 2 awesome March snows and racking up some sweet seasonal numbers, and crazy cool events (2/14 12"+ in 6hrs. for many, 3/17 latest 8"+ in 50+ years) and we need one more!

Well, screw that. I'm greedy and addicted. I want at least 3 more. I want the Sunday thing, the 3/26-27 Snobro Millienial Millenium Falcon Megastorm, and at least one decent April event! DC Snobro Weenie Capital Unite!! I'm ready to help with the phasing too!

Let's do what we can to push peak cherry blossoms to the end of April!

I want a new record snowfall. This means another two feet.  

And yes yes yes for a good April event. At least 1", more would be preferable. 

Your comment about wishing it was over so you could remenisce was brilliant!

I wasn't here for 02-03 but we're surprisingly close at this pt in totals. This is a damn good winter no matter how you slice it. We've had more 1"+ events than 02-03 in DC.

Archived