joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Bro Banter Thread

ennepe68

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys! The GFS gives us 0.2" of precipitation in total by the 27th. Assuming that everything falls as snow at a 100:1 ratio, that's 20" of snow!

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014032018&time=PER&var=APCPI&hour=153

A 100:1 ratio?  Getting a little greedy aren't we?

But I would definitely take 20 inches :snowing:

Okay, did anyone else hear a gigantic boom of thunder 10-15 minutes ago? Is that one big ominous cloud producing thunder? Or are some neighbors of mine setting of fireworks that sound more like "BooooOOOooOOom" than like "CRACK CRACK CRACK"?

Sent from my iPad

Definitely not thunder. Partly cloudy skies and no cape.

~Sent from a device that cannot speel.

True, but I bet during the storms we'll have more analysis here. Nothing really happened today: the Euro NAM'd us and the GFS stayed GFS-y. 

100:1 snow was a highlight. As if surface temps would cooperate. :lol:

Welp, an awesome first day for the CWG Snow Bro infiltration banter thread! Let's see if it continues to be so amusing/entertaining/interesting/educational.

I absolutely WUB the sno bros! It's been spectacularly BroTastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sled:  :hug:  :snowing:  :snowman:  :tomato:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :bike:  :scooter:  :guitar:

a6e7e2ed.jpg

Noodle just brought me a pair of socks.

In my professional opinion, this model is letting us know that the storm is going to track to the southwest, putting the bullseye right over the DC metro area. High winds and heavy snow will occur startling late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday, and lasting through the overnight hours. Blizzard conditions will kick in around nightfall, when sustained 35mph winds will create nonexistent visibility throughout the region. Expect 15-17" of snow in the downtown "snow hole", and upwards of 24-28" in the northwest subarbs.

This is my fully professional, well informed reading of the "Noodle Model".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived