northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 2-3 Storm Disco, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam has been a mid level outlier. Not saying it's not possible or wrong but the blend right now is awful sweet. Keep us in 1" qpf and roll the dice. Good times

Famous last words. I get that it's the NAM at 60 or whatever, but I see the NAM like this-- when the solution is REASONABLY close to the Globals, I trust the vertical profiles for obvious reasons. 

Famous last words. I get that it's the NAM at 60 or whatever, but I see the NAM like this-- when the solution is REASONABLY close to the Globals, I trust the vertical profiles for obvious reasons.

I'm good with the nam verbatim. It certainly wasn't a step in the wrong direction. I'm expecting a mixed up mess but pretty snow on top is sweet icing. Bring it

I'm good with the nam verbatim. It certainly wasn't a step in the wrong direction. I'm expecting a mixed up mess but pretty snow on top is sweet icing. Bring it

Agree-- I'm just hoping for some table scraps down here. We can score a quick 2-3 inches if EVERYTHING goes right. More likely, coating to an inch of slop that freezing into a brick. 

It looks less good than 18z to me but it is the NAM.

I know I might get crapped on for saying this being a newbie and all but here goes....how many

times have we actually gotten a 3-4"+ snowfall plus 1/4"+ ice 12 hours after it was 57 degrees.

I grew up in this area most of my life (I'm 32) and I feel like it is pretty rare.  Any similar set-ups

come to mind for anyone in here?

I know I might get crapped on for saying this being a newbie and all but here goes....how many

times have we actually gotten a 3-4"+ snowfall plus 1/4"+ ice 12 hours after it was 57 degrees.

I grew up in this area most of my life (I'm 32) and I feel like it is pretty rare.  Any similar set-ups

come to mind for anyone in here?

I'm 100 miles SW of DCA and we get that all time time down here. PALM sunday last year we were in the 50's saturday and 7 inches of snow Sunday and Feb 12 we were in the 60's Saturday and snowing at 9am Sunday. 

Strange storm. Surface freezing rolling through a good 6 hours prior to 850's. Very icy type winter storm.

Leading edge of arctic air quite shallow. This isn't really a cad situation.

It's fine and about the same qpf wise as 18z.

I'm with you...can't beat a nice storm like this either way.

Rereading my post made me laugh at myself. I'm worried about a rug yank when the rug is freshly being tucked under my feet today. Paranoid much? We getting close to just working out fine details at this lead. Just gotta hang on 24 more hours or so. 24 very long hours...

Archived