amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2-3 Storm Disco, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was posted on the NYC Forum this evening and I thought it would be appropriate here..........

"Guaranteed to happen between now and the 00z suite

1. Weenie suicides

2. Crazy international models will be used to show this is still coming north (cue the Korean)

3. "Initialization errors" will be found in the 18z gfs so we can discount it

4. The once consistent GFS is now erratic, therefore we toss

5. Some sort of epic argument in THIS thread about how even though its further south, the ratios with the colder atmosphere will make up for lack of QPF

6. A drastic slowing of the board right around the time the 00z NAM is due so everyone can pray for the NAMBomb

And finally last but not least

7. Our daily sun angle battle"

Lol at 7. Our temps could be -10 and people would be screaming about sun angle!

SREF is really keeping us warm. SREF plumes are showing 40F surface temps for daybreak Monday, while GFS, Euro, and NAM are showing mid-20's for the same time.

I'm going to discount the SREF temperature profile about now.

It's DC. I wouldn't be surprised if the SREF's verify on temps. 

Okay, but seriously, we should all consider the arrival of the cold air overdone by 3-5 hours.

Guys, can we stop caring about NYC forum meltdowns or NYC this and NYC that? If you want to talk about NYC, go there. This is the Mid-Atlantic forum. I don't think many of us care if NYC is in meltdown... kthx

Anyway, nice SREFs movement south. Hopefully prepares us for a good NAMming

Guys, can we stop caring about NYC forum meltdowns or NYC this and NYC that? If you want to talk about NYC, go there. This is the Mid-Atlantic forum. I don't think many of us care if NYC is in meltdown... kthx

Anyway, nice SREFs movement south. Hopefully prepares us for a good NAMming

Temps are scorching so let's hope that doesn't verify.

Winds streaming out of the north will funnel that Canadian cold air mass.  We're not talking about low 30s coming out of PA for this.  

ETA:  For those worried about temps on the SREFs, its been way on its own from the start with temps.  It got way colder versus earlier runs, but still out on its own.  I only look to the SREFs for QPF and SLP trends and I was happy to see the SREFs went south and got wetter.  That's all I cared about really.

It's a correction..doesn't really matter...they are useless...We have the GFS/GEFS/Euro/EPS.....why would anyone care about the SREFS verbatim

especially at this range. NAM is also general crap. The only reason people look at it is because it comes early. I am firmly in the camp of the only models worth looking at are GFS/Euro. (Plus EPS and GEFS)

Archived